“Fine”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Food was good. Service was ok. At the price point they are charging I would expect better. Expensive. As I said on the whole it's fine but won't be returning. There is better value to be had elsewhere

Date of visit: April 2016
2  Thank Hackers123

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

Lively bar with restaurant next door serving lovely food . Everything was tasty and good portion sizes- we will return

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank liadainb
Reviewed 28 July 2016

We were in the Brown Bear on Sunday last for lunch each and every time we visit the food is delicious and the service is excellent. Your not rushed and the atmosphere is relaxing with a nice selection of wine. I have never found fault with any item on the menu but I almost always can't pass the chicken wings starter highly recommend them.

We are looking forward to our next visit!

3  Thank Liam P
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Had a drink and left for Naas. Nothing remotely approaching an atmosphere and quite an unattractive interior. Very quite and not too friendly, wonder is it owned or managed by the Kilsashee Hotel!

4  Thank Conor M
Reviewed 8 July 2016

Went out for my brother's birthday last Saturday to The Brown Bear. We had an absolutely fabulous meal. Not one of us could fault the food. I myself had the fillet of beef which I requested rare. It arrived medium to well. This the waitress immediately noticed without me evening having to bring it to her attention. I was ok to have it this way but the waitress wanted to change it for me. Steak came back cooked perfectly. Without a word of complaint from me, the establishment very generously went ahead and removed the cost of the steak from the bill in addition to giving us a free carafe of white wine and bottle of red wine! :) We will certainly be returning to this little gem of a restaurant.