“Excellent Every Time”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2016

We were in the Brown Bear on Sunday last for lunch each and every time we visit the food is delicious and the service is excellent. Your not rushed and the atmosphere is relaxing with a nice selection of wine. I have never found fault with any item on the menu but I almost always can't pass the chicken wings starter highly recommend them.

We are looking forward to our next visit!

3  Thank Liam P

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Had a drink and left for Naas. Nothing remotely approaching an atmosphere and quite an unattractive interior. Very quite and not too friendly, wonder is it owned or managed by the Kilsashee Hotel!

4  Thank Conor M
Reviewed 8 July 2016

Went out for my brother's birthday last Saturday to The Brown Bear. We had an absolutely fabulous meal. Not one of us could fault the food. I myself had the fillet of beef which I requested rare. It arrived medium to well. This the waitress immediately noticed without me evening having to bring it to her attention. I was ok to have it this way but the waitress wanted to change it for me. Steak came back cooked perfectly. Without a word of complaint from me, the establishment very generously went ahead and removed the cost of the steak from the bill in addition to giving us a free carafe of white wine and bottle of red wine! :) We will certainly be returning to this little gem of a restaurant.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

After an evening out with the family we decided to go to this pub for food . Much to our disapointment we arrived at 5,55 pm and when we sat down our waitress told us the chef would not cook for us after 6pm so we had to leave and drive to another establishment who were very pleased to see us. I think this place will not survive if they continue to turn customers away because of a few minutes. We have not returned to this property .

Date of visit: October 2015
3  Thank newbridgeboy
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

Hubby and I were really looking forward to this meal in this restaurant but we were left feeling a little underwhelmed and really can't see what the fuss is about.
I think the resturaunt is a bit confused, is it a pub or is it a gourmet resturaunt. The decor does not match the food type or prices for that matter.
We were seated promptly, and our food and drinks order was taken. Our starter arrived but no drinks. We had to remind the waitress. There seemed to be only 1 person Waiting tables even though it was very busy.
The mains and starter were lovely, but pricey.
The dessert was just plain strange, peach cobbler. It was not what I was expecting.
We went into the bar afterwards and it was lovely.
I wouldn't go back, far nicer places further into Naas.

Date of visit: June 2016