All reviews afternoon tea roll top bath lovely hotel buffet breakfast beautiful building dublin airport next morning arthur guinness nespresso machine big bathroom old style free standing bath attending a wedding room was spacious a lovely stay hotel bar double bed
Reviewed 21 October 2015

A strange hotel, a mixture of styles and spare parts, things that work and things that don't. The only consistency was in the staff, who are excellent and the surroundings which are beautiful.
We arrived and were given a room with a double and a single bed, which was fine. Found the WiFi didn't work and the room was very cold because the head of the Thermostatic Rad Valve (TVR) was missing so the heating didn't work. Complained and were told that the previous visitor had probably taken the TVR and yes there was a problem with the WiFi but it was going to be fixed!
We were then moved to a very large room in the roof with a bathroom the size of our first room. The bath was enormous and had to be climbed into and then out. We asked and were told "all our baths are like that". There was also a very modern shower cubical. The four-poster bed was a novelty, and had the curtain-poles, but the curtains around it were missing. The TVRs were still there, but they didn't work so room was blazing hot until we opened all the windows. WiFi still not working, but it was fixed by the morning.
The corridor leading to the room had head-banging beams, so great care was required by anyone over 5' 6".
Breakfast was served in the nightclub, which has short flights of stairs all over the place, at least one set leading nowhere. OK with the lights on, but must be dodgy in the dim lighting when a nightclub. Breakfast was buffet-style and reasonable, making up in quantity for what it lacked in quality.
I wouldn't stay there again, but, judging from the noise, the wedding parties were obviously enjoying themselves, so I would say we had picked the wrong hotel for what we wanted. As I said to begin with, the staff were excellent, so very obliging and friendly, so much so that they made it difficult for us to complain.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the night club are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kritical
Manager c, General Manager at Celbridge Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2015

Dear Kriticall,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent short stay with us here at Celbridge Manor Hotel.

I would like to thank you for your repeated kind words regarding the staff here at the hotel and I know I can speak on their behalf when I say how much it is appreciated. The old part of the hotel was originally built in 1737 and the more modern section of the building built in the 1970's. This enhances the beauty of the building and the property itself. My apologies that the thermostat in your room was not functional but delighted to see that my team were able to upgrade you to our of Historic Rooms. All our rooms have a roll top bath and is a unique feature of the hotel that each room contains such a large free standing bath.

I was a little surprised to read your comments regarding the Arthur Guinness Hall. We converted this room to serve our breakfast and the vast majority of our guests have hugely positive things to say about the atmosphere as well the quality of food. To put your mind at ease, this room has not functioned as a nightclub in almost 10 years. It is also unfortunate that the UPC in the entire Celbridge area was down for a number of hours but thankfully they were able to have back up and running late the same evening.

Again I would like to thank you for your time in writing and for your honest and constructive feedback. I do hope that you may choose to stay with again in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2015

I was involved in the organisation of a music event, Melodies in Autumn, in Celbridge Manor Hotel last month.
This is an excellent location for an event whether corporate or entertainment.
The event facilities are top class and flexible.
The staff were courteous, friendly, professional and helpful.
All arrangements pre agreed were put in place and any further requirements on the night were delivered without fuss.
After the event there was a great atmosphere in the bar area.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Gollymocky
Manager c, General Manager at Celbridge Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2015

Dear Gollymocky,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review relating to the recent event you held here at Celbridge Manor Hotel.

It was our pleasure hosting the event and we were delighted that everyone had such a great evening. It is particularly pleasing that the work we do in the background gets noticed and appreciated and for that I would like to thank you. I know that the team here will be thrilled with your kind words and I look forward to telling them of your review.

Thank you once more for the time you have taken in writing and posting your review and I hope that we have the opportunity to host more events for you in the future

Reviewed 19 October 2015

First impressions are key and I must say this place nailed it. Friendly staff willing to go the extra mile. The hotel rates are very reasonable and its in a good location. The food in the hotel bar was fantastic.Very tasty. Any time im around the area I try pop in just for the food alone.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brian J

Dear Brian J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent stay with us here at Celbridge Manor Hotel.

I was delighted to read your comments and thank you for your kind words regarding the team here at the Hotel. I hope that you have the chance to visit in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 19 October 2015

My wife and two small kids had a relaxing weekend stay in the hotel. The staff were friendly and had good fun with the kids. We had a family room with a double bed and a single bed. The room and bathroom were relatively large and clean.

The public bathroom could use some work.

The breakfast was great. One of my kids is a picky eater and she easily found plenty to eat.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Jason C

Dear Jason C,

Thank you so much for talking the time to write and post a review of your recent stay here at Celbridge Manor Hotel.

it was our pleasure looking after you and your family and I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay. I take on board your comments about the bathroom and we have recently ordered new light fittings for our en suite bathrooms. We make every effort to accommodate all dietary needs and personal food choices in all of our offerings and its great to see that we were able to cater your daughter at breakfast time.

Thank you once more for taking the time to write and post your review and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back to Celbridge Manor Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 October 2015

Arrived late, and check in was swift and friendly. my room was on the second floor, a good size. I ordered off the room service menu which was basic but food was good, freshly made and arrived within 20 minutes. Bed was a little on the soft side. Breakfast was fine. All in all a good hotel for a quick stay.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank P2986HUdavidb

Dear David B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review on your recent overnight stay with us here at Celbridge Manor Hotel.

It was our pleasure looking after you and thank you for your honest and constructive feedback. We very much look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit to Celbridge Manor Hotel.