Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreams
All reviews budget accommodation perfect base stayed here friendly hosts steak sandwich place to stay yogurt kerry shower carrauntoohil
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 December 2020

I had the pleasure of dining here Saturday evening, we were spoiled in all aspects of the menu. From starter to dessert I can honestly say I was highly impressed with the standard and quality of food that was served. Everything was beautifully presented and bursting with flavor. Well done to all involved in making our dining experience such a memorable one. We will definitely be back!

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 24 August 2020 via mobile

We're all a bit nervous eating out at the moment. Waitresses wore face shields. Good table separation. Friendly, efficient staff.
Good quality Chardonnay by the glass, others had beer on tap etc.

I loved the Cod, chips and mushy peas so much so that I had the same meal on the 2nd visit. Others loved the hake and chips, and the steak.

Those who had the beefburger (didn't taste homemade) or the chicken on skewers were very disappointed.

One person had a dessert. Rhubarb crumble and custard, which was delivered as rhubarb crumble and ice cream (with no advance notice). And a sherry trifle was seriously disappointing.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Taiscemara
Reviewed 16 August 2020

grand place for a pint and some food. we'd a large hiking group all came away satisfied. I'd some great striploin, cooked to perfection, succulent and flavourful though one other who had it found it tough. have some covid precautions in place but we left before got too busy. have stayed before and found that grand also.

1  Thank wavedavey
Reviewed 9 August 2020

I love it the rooms amazing the Guinness best I ever had the food especially the chips are delicious The girls Cara and Eryn were fantastic waiters love them 10000000000/10 would go again.Gerald is the best he is a good host

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2020 via mobile

We booked a stay here for 2 nights over the Bank Holiday weekend.
We had requested an early check in and received an email to say that this would be accommodated. When we arrived there was no doors open for us to gain entry so we phoned to say we were outside & couldn't get in, the response we got was 'why do you want to get in?'. When we were let inside there was 2 men in the bar drinking alcohol at 11.30am which on a Sunday in Ireland is illegal as alcohol shouldn't be sold before 12.30pm...

Our room wasn't ready which was fine, we just head off for the day. The owner asked if we wanted to book a table for dinner and said it got very busy so we booked for 8pm.

We returned at 7.30pm to check in and were shown to our room. The room was spotless and had been recently refurbished with new carpets, paint and the shower was lovely.

We went down for dinner for 8pm to find they had no table for us so we were shown to another room which became apparent was the breakfast room, we were there just the 2 of us in a large cold room.
The waitress was lovely and we ordered 2 drinks, my glass arrived with lipstick on it....in a pandemic might I add. I'm not easily offended but I was horrified by this!
The owner came out and I told her of the situation from checking in up to the glass issue. She apologised and then said 'well you know we are busy and had to turn people away for rooms tonight', Given that I had paid for my room, I'm still baffled at how this was in any way relevant to the situation and I felt it didn't excuse any of it. My drink was replaced free of charge and we were moved to the bar to eat.
Also to note, my second glass was still dirty so I chose just not to drink from it!!

Social distancing? It just didn't exist, as you can see from the photos, 2 men just pulled up chairs and basically sat on top of my husband. Of the 7 members of staff, only 1 was wearing a face covering.

2 of the main courses were not available so I ordered the lasagne which was reheated and dry as a bone.

I asked for the bill at 9.05pm and asked again at 9.35pm, it arrived at 9.45pm. The lady who was serving us at this stage was so lovely and was just run off her feet.
60l
All of the above seem quite trivial however put together on a list just makes for a poor stay. I would not recommend booking this hotel, there are much nicer accommodation close by

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kirak1302