eDreams
Vio.com
Hurb
Etrip
Priceline
All reviews steak sandwich tasty food small hotel attentive service little gem long drive beer garden old world relaxing stay family run galway bay last weekend john barman allergens pub cream
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 September 2022 via mobile

a number of issues during our stay 17/09/22.
Pricing. I paid 240 euro for a room for 2 adults and an add on of 15 euro for my daughter..total 255. Connemara coast cost 199 euro for same group. It has excellent facilities, unfortunately for us, it had no rooms. This establishment is very basic and unsanitary
Please see the attachment of a pricelist displayed in hotel. We were over charged.

Secondly, the water, undrinkable, no water in the rooms. No facility to get water once bar closed. There should be water in the room once you have a kettle regardless of whether there's a water notice or not. To have NO alternate source of water in rooms when there's manganese in the water is DANGEROUS.

Thirdly, unlockable patio door. I had my daughter with us, she actually stayed on a couch in a relatives house in furbo as she could not stay alone in an unlocked room whilst we were at a function for a few hrs. I packed her up and dropped here there, which was not the plan. I was fortunate family facilitated me.

I also had an expensive laptop for work with me which couldn't be left in an open room. I had to carry this laptop around with me.

See photo of attached bed.
I pulled back the covers to use this bed and could visibly see that the linen hadn't been changed. That's the bed my daughter was expected to sleep in.

Overall appalling. No staff available this am to speak to. . I went into bar and staff were clearing after breakfast. No one even aware I was there so I just left.

Date of stay: September 2022
1  Thank Lbmcg44
Reviewed 7 August 2022 via mobile

Called In to this hotel today and was told there was a 40 minute wait for food, so we were fine with that, we sat down and had a drink.
Waited about 30 minutes to order. About an hour later the food arrived, the burger looked lovely. Steak sandwich was very disappointing, very small 'steak' in a basic bread roll with about 2 mushrooms and tiny bit of onion, very small few chips (€16.95)
Turkey and ham dinners arrived, no roast potatoes, tiny bit of veg, carrots hard and cold very dried out and raw brocoli. The turkey and ham was the smallest portion I have ever seen. If I have have ordered a half portion I would have expected something this size. (€16.95) absolutely outrageous price for such a small low budget meal. Extremely poor service and quality. I sent back the ticket and ham and I refused to be robbed in day light. We were told by a rude waitress that there was only one chef on.
I work in the hospitality industry and would not hand food like that to anyone. Disgraceful.

If you can't run a proper restaurant don't open!!!!!

Very disappointed, will not return and will not recommend to anyone.

Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 31 July 2022

I just stayed in the Cruiscin Lan for two nights. The room and the price did not match. I paid €180 per night.

I had booked the last room available, which was a double, for two nights. I was on my own for the first night and my husband was due down the second night. The bed was 135cm wide, and the room was small. I told my husband not to come down as the bed was so small. There was no hot water in the sink tap. The room looked out to a roof area with a hint of a view between other parts of the building.

On the positive side, the room was spotlessly clean and the young staff at breakfast were lovely and very helpful.

Room tip: Ask what size the bed is!
Reviewed 29 July 2022

When you choose a seafood chowder that’s because it’s an Irish iconic soup. Your choice is based on a simple wish, having the best taste of the sea in just one bowl… It has to be creamy, spiced enoughly, with a good taste of fish and a pinch of lemon. What i ate today was only a hot milk cream with some pieces of fish. No salt, no spices, no taste of seafood chowder. Just a fade cream soup. No interest, with one small piece of soda bread. Mozzarella sticks? 5 small sticks, 9,95€. I have nothing to say about the service and the kindness of the staff that has done a perfect job. But come on, check on your cookbook !!! And do the best seafood chowder of all times.

Reviewed 27 July 2022

Went in for some food, I had fish and chips which I was looking forward to but sadly I was disappointed with. Lots of batter and little fish, my partner had turkey and ham which was a cheap microwave meal. We have enjoyed eating out in Ireland, this was our first worse experience. We had to ask for a key to use the toilets which smelt strongly of wee. Would not recommend eating at this hotel. I did expect it to be of a fairly decent standard but sadly it was not any where near

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple