All reviews meditation centre vegetarian food niamh jones weekend retreat the owner wonderful weekend bunk beds very special place everyday life daily outings new friends wonderful teacher body and soul boat trip amazing food great group boot camp
Reviewed 13 January 2010

I started 2010 with a four day stay at the Burren Yoga Centre and it was one of the most magical and wonderful experiences I've ever had. I cannot think of even one thing to criticise. The yoga teaching was excellent and catered for people of varying ability, the accommodation was warm and comfortable, the sustenance provided by the excellent gourmet cooking meant mealtimes were always warmly anticipated and enjoyed. The day trips were also a wonderful surprise – walks in the Burren and along the beach. It’s a very special and spiritual place and I hope to keep at least some of the serenity and broadened perspective attained during my time there. I had been thinking about going on a yoga retreat for years. I’m glad that this year I finally got around to it. To use computer terminology - I feel upgraded and rebooted!

Date of stay: January 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2009

I would recommend this wonderful place to everyone, from the moment you enter the house there is the most wonderful feeling of warmth and calm. The rooms are so lovely, very clean and it is located in such a wonderful part of the Burren. Anyone looking for an excape from the hussle and bustle of any city this is by far the palce for you. Dave is so kind and is there for you at any time but gives you the space you also want. Please visit The Burren Yoga and Meditation, you wont want to leave.

Date of stay: September 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2009

Given that I had never been to Ireland's west coast before and that I'm only really still a yoga beginner you can understand why I was having some second thoughts on the plane over along the lines of "what am I doing going on a whole weekend of yoga at my age". But after a short flight from Birmingham, and a suprisingly uneventful and easy drive down from Knock airport all my anxieties were allayed the moment I got to Burren Yoga.

From the moment I was met by the ever-hospitable Dave and shown the clean bedroom with the wonderful carved bunk bed, I started to unwind and the following two days saw all traces of stress disappear. The centre is lovely, very relaxing and with lots of space to unwind, chat or just relax and the food is simply delicious. Paddi cooks all the food in the communal kitchen and I would challenge anyone to find better home cooked vegetarian food anywhere . Its all a very informal atmosphere and it was great to meet the other visitors that weekend, who were all ages, from a range of backgrounds, and all really friendly.

And the Yoga - well what can I say, Niamh Jones was amazing, expert teaching, fantastic classes with a variety of styles (lots of the great Bikram Hot Yoga) and at a pace which suited everyone, and all optional, there is no imperative to do anything you don't want to. We did 2 hours before breakfast each day, had a great Saturday lunchtime walking out by the sea, before another great class, and then ended both days with a pre-bed session too, all in the purpose built, light and airy yoga studio. I'm not sure if it was the yoga, the centre or the food (or a combination of all 3) but I slept better than I had for ages.

I would thoroughly recommend the centre and Niamh's classes to anyone and I know I'll be going back as soon as I can. Its a great place for yoga, great food and to unwind from the strains of everyday life and I loved it. Go visit !

Date of stay: May 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Wozlow
Reviewed 28 May 2009

Just had a weekend in the Burren Yoga Retreat doing Bikram Yoga and had a really fantastic time , the area is reallt beautiful , i was a newcomer to yoga and am now an addict , The teacher Niamh was really good and everything is done at your own pace , very excillarating and relaxing all at the same time , Dave is the Centres owner and a good advertisement for practising yoga . We had a lovely Afternoon walking on the of the Beach near Kinvara where we did not meet another Person . Although i went along with my Sister everyone else that was there went on their own . i would recommend this for anyone who wants to get away from it all and have time out to themselves , as i busy Mum of two Children it helped them as much as it helped me ans they had a happy and relaxed mother and i am already really looking forward to my next trip . Great Food , Great Sleep , Great People , Great value for Money and everything feels that little bit tighter which is an added bonus!!!!!!!!! Thanks Dave and niamh for a Great Weekend .
Sisters Susan & Janette

Date of stay: May 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2009

I was here last year during a bank holiday weekend and I can't wait to go back again next month. The rooms, food and program are all amazing! There is a very good atmosphere here and with the perfect balance of trips out in the Burren, free time and of course the yoga classes.

Date of stay: September 2008