All reviews meditation centre vegetarian food niamh jones weekend retreat the owner wonderful weekend bunk beds very special place everyday life daily outings new friends wonderful teacher body and soul boat trip amazing food great group boot camp
Reviewed 5 June 2016

I've just returned from a holiday in the Burren Yoga Retreat Centre feeling calm and refreshed. Fabulous vegetarian food by Gearoid and Wendy, inspirational teaching by Marie and excellent organising by Dave all combined to create a perfect week.The centre is in a remote location but driving instructions were clear.A warm welcome set the tone for the week.The wonderful weather was the icing on the cake. Thank you Dave and team. I would love to go back!

Reviewed 4 June 2016

Beautiful drive to the venue with brilliant directions from Dave, also signposted. Great contact from the centre when booking and prior to arriving. Bunk beds in rooms, very secure and extremely comfortable. Lots of character in the building and the yoga room is gorgeous-immediately calming with lots of natural light, plenty of equipment. Clean in all areas, make you feel at a home away from home, open and friendly environment. Dara was running the yoga programme and there was a brilliant mix of yoga with some active and restorative with meditation along the way. Dara was lovely, always approachable for any help support or advice, great group of yogis with some brilliant conversations and giggles over meals together. Brilliant evening sessions which helped aid sleep. I definitely recommend coming here if you need time out and want to rejuvenate. A lovely afternoon out, hill climbing with a great meal in a local seafood restaurant.
Gorgeous vegetarian food, thank you to Garrode. Great mix and always plenty to go around. I bought a cookbook with plenty of new things to try.
Most suprisingly, I enjoyed having a few days without my phone as there was no wifi or signal in the area (a few pockets picked up a little signal). Brilliant for a complete time out from the modern world!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2016

Truly special weekend spent at the Burren Yoga & Meditation Centre. I would highly recommend the Burren Yoga Retreat. I left feeling relaxed and refreshed and very positive overall. The yoga classes by Dara were fantastic, I am a beginner with bad wrists and Dara focused on helping me to position myself in the most comfortable way throughout all the moves. In previous classes I attended I left feeling frustrated and deflated and thought maybe yoga was not for me with my wrists however with some adjustment and expert advice it’s a very easy problem to overcome.

Besides the great yoga teacher the location could not have been better! Immersed in nature, waking up to birds chirping, while relaxing in the sunroom looking out onto the amazing rock that is the Burren! The food was healthy, gorgeous and plentiful! Our host Dave was amazing and personal, making everyone feel very welcome indeed. All in all a lovely experience and I can see why people return year after year.
I will definitely be back in the near future.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2016

Such a fantastic experience, thank you to Dave and the great team at Burren Yoga, once you arrive you feel at home with a warm and friendly welcome extended.
It was a wonderful weekend of yoga, sunshine and laughter spent in the beautiful Burren with a great bunch of people.
A special thanks to Dara an amazing teacher, compassionate, caring and inspirational, she has helped awaken my soul to discover more about yoga and meditation practice.
Wonderful tasty vegetarian food prepared by Gearoid to nourish us...... looking forward to trying out the recipes.
Since returning home friends are commenting what a difference it has made, I'm more relaxed, happier and my sleep quality has significantly improved.
I cant wait to return hopefully for a little longer next time.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

I visited the Burren Yoga Centre on my own for a weekend of Hatha Yoga & Meditation with Marie Quail. The accommodation was clean, comfortable & warm. The views surrounding the centre are fabulous and were enhanced by a the covering of snow we woke up to on Saturday morning. The food was gorgeous all weekend!
Marie was an excellent teacher and catered for a mix of levels.
We went for a lovely walk and lunch on the Saturday afternoon.
I would highly recommend a visit, I left feeling so relaxed!

Date of stay: April 2016