All reviews meditation centre vegetarian food niamh jones weekend retreat the owner wonderful weekend bunk beds very special place everyday life daily outings new friends wonderful teacher body and soul boat trip amazing food great group boot camp
Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

I visited the Burren Yoga Centre on my own for a weekend of Hatha Yoga & Meditation with Marie Quail. The accommodation was clean, comfortable & warm. The views surrounding the centre are fabulous and were enhanced by a the covering of snow we woke up to on Saturday morning. The food was gorgeous all weekend!
Marie was an excellent teacher and catered for a mix of levels.
We went for a lovely walk and lunch on the Saturday afternoon.
I would highly recommend a visit, I left feeling so relaxed!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2016

Great experience. Although I do a bit of yoga I had never done a whole weekend before. A weekend without drink, mobile phone and wifi might not sound like a great idea but believe me - this was just what was needed to really get in to the whole thing. Great staff, Kevin was a great teacher, excellent vegetarian food from Gearoid and great organising from Dave. Clean, warm and comfy accommodation.

Room tip: Book early if you want a single room. Hopefully the planned extension will sort that out.
Reviewed 8 May 2016

Just back from a weekend retreat, chilled and relaxed. The yoga was amazing with a wonderful teacher. Dave the owner couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Dave was genuine in his approach, the ethos of the centre is one of community and passion. I will definitely be going back. (Hopefully to the newly renovated site!) I highly recommend the Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre, put it on your bucket list.

Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

This place is special. Peaceful. Fun. Caring. I went with no experience of yoga - 'tried it once, not for me'. But I needed to take time out to destress so went for a weekend mindfulness and yoga retreat with Kevin. Kevin is an absolutely fantastic teacher - no pressure. Somehow I was doing yoga without even realising it. And it felt so good. Same with meditation. Food is awesome - from a non vegetarian. There is also a real focus on health - most dishes sugar free, gluten free. There is ample coffee! I had a single room -comfortable, pristine clean. Communal bathrooms but no queue - and the place was full.
I was there for a weekend but it feels like weeks - I am exhilarated and chilled. I will go back and cannot recommend highly enough. Go

Reviewed 7 May 2016

I am recently back from a great May bank holiday yoga and meditation retreat. I learnt the importance of incorporating both meditation and yoga in my daily practice. I would recommend this retreat to anyone from beginners to people who have been practicing yoga for a while, who want to recharge, reflect and overall deepen their practice. The weekend had a great group of like minded people, we got on really well together, with many people travelling solo. Great vegetarian food was cooked by Gearoid, lovely daily hikes were provided by Dave and Kathryn Moynihan who is a great teacher taught us meditation, Vinyasa, Yin & Nidra yoga practice where everyone could go at their own pace. The Center provided a calm, spiritual and peaceful environment and I will definitely be revisiting the Center and the beautiful Burren again. Thanks to everyone for a great weekend. I am now doing my daily yoga with meditation learnt from this weekend.