All reviews meditation centre vegetarian food niamh jones weekend retreat the owner wonderful weekend bunk beds very special place everyday life daily outings new friends wonderful teacher body and soul boat trip amazing food great group boot camp
Reviewed 6 April 2016

Husband and I had a precious weekend away without the kids. We were initially looking for a "blue book" type property but decided to try a meditation and yoga weekend instead. Neither of us had meditated before but are both casual yoga practitioners. What we liked about the yoga and meditation weekend with Lisa Petersen in March 2016: Great camaraderie. Everyone was respectful of space, comfortable beds, warm house, relaxing vibe in the house, personable team (Dave and Lisa are both lovely), fantastic vegetarian food (we are not vegetarian). We were lucky with the weather and had a lovely hike in the Burren - beautiful part of the world. Superb lunch in a local restaurant after the hike. The weekend was exactly as described on the website. We had a double room and shared a bathroom. Eat in kitchen is tight for space. We learnt a lot about the psoas. I was expecting more sun salutations so it was unexpected but it was interesting. A great place to get away and get some "head space".

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Holmansonthego
Reviewed 5 April 2016

I spent a weekend break in The Burren Yoga Centre and what a fantastic weekend. Facilities were great, food was amazing and the yoga practice was truly magnificent led by Claudia Gutierrez. Our host Dave was so kind and helpful and he took us on a magical walk in the beautiful Burren. Claudia yoga practice approach was so loving i came away with a deeper insight to my own practice. I found the whole experience very relaxing and met some wonderful people. I would highly recommend going on a retreat it is sooooo worth it.

Date of stay: April 2016
1  Thank Tina H
Reviewed 2 April 2016

I spent a week at the Burren Yoga centre at a retreat led by David Muehsam. I found the practice to be inspiring and I came away feeling I had all the tools to develop my own daily practice. The classes were taught in a nice relaxed atmosphere and we also had a lot of fun! The cooks prepared delicious vegetarian meals and we all had our turn pitching in with the set up or clear up which helped people for quickly form a sense of community. I also made some lovely new friends and enjoyed belly aching laughter every night! It was so refreshing to meet so many different but yet, like minded people. The setting is magical and Dave organised some beautiful walks for us and gave us some information on the history of the area along the way. If you're lucky he might even tell you a good story at the kitchen table. He does great work running the centre and is a lovely person who went out of his way to ensure we had everything we needed. I would highly recommend going on a retreat here. You won't regret it!

Room tip: You can choose from shared rooms with bunk beds to private rooms so it depends on what you want.
2  Thank mariehaugh
Reviewed 1 April 2016

Spent a lovely weekend at the Burren Yoga Centre 18th - 20th March. From the minute we arrived, Dave, our host and tutor made us feel welcome and relaxed. We paid €330 each to have a twin room,but the room could sleep 4 (2 sets of beautifully carved bunks - very comfy and lovely soft pillow). The food was gorgeous (all vegetarian) with divine bread and cake! We had a 2 hr yoga class on Saturday morning before breakfast. Dave was most accommodating to all levels of ability and the time flew. After breakfast he led us on a walk up Abbey Hill, which was brilliant! The rocky terrain of the Burren is so unique and the view form the top was amazing.
We had lunch at a nearby seafood restaurant (baked crab highly recommended). Another yoga session before dinner and a relaxation session before bed - it was bliss! I could feel a lot of muscles at the Sunday morning session but could feel the benefit the following week! The weekend was Satyananda Yoga and each class started with meditation. Dave was an inspiring tutor and I have increased my practice outside of my weekly class! The centre has a lovely tranquil energy and the plans to extend the building will make it an amazing place!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank LuceyCork
Reviewed 31 March 2016

Deeply peaceful location in the depths of the countryside but within easy access of lots of eateries, walks etc. My retreat experience was fun, healthy and warm. Accomadation is compact (was glad I opted for a single) but truly I couldn't fault a thing - from the welcome of Dave B to the fabulous food to the facilities. Itinerary was good and left plenty of room for own choices etc. Dave has really researched well and loves what he does - it shows! I could not believe I was up before 7:30 for yoga willingly - thanks to Dave No. 2. I sincerely hope to be a repeat visitor. Namaste.

Room tip: Single room worth the extra if you like a bit of me-space.
1  Thank NoirinT