All reviews meditation centre vegetarian food niamh jones weekend retreat the owner wonderful weekend bunk beds very special place everyday life daily outings new friends wonderful teacher body and soul boat trip amazing food great group boot camp
Reviewed 28 March 2015 via mobile

I loved the February boot camp here with Niamh. It really got me back into practising yoga, something I had wanted to do for quite some time. The house itself is beautiful, with carved wood everywhere and it exudes a real warmth as soon as you step inside the door. The yoga studio was perfect and the surrounding area is just so serene and naturally calming.

A special mention has to be given to the food - all gluten and dairy free, which suited me perfectly and so so so delicious! I've no idea how the cook (Padi) managed to make so many amazing spreads for all 15 of us but I would come back here for the food alone!

Loved every minute, met some great people and can't wait to return.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2015

My stay at the Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre was truly exceptional. The setting of the Centre in the Burren is tranquil, beautiful and inspirational. Thank you Dave for all you're kindness, guiding us around the seascape, mountains and lush wooded delights of the area, looking after all our needs, etc. The delicious food by Paddi was abundant, blissful and cleansing. I had been in an accident not long before the retreat, being bucked off a horse putting vertebrae out. This was the best medicine I could have wished for. Our teacher was Rachel Beare who continues to awe, inspire and help me manage, get stronger and heal in this modern busy world. I came away on cloud 9 but with my feet firmly touching the ground! I would highly recommend this Centre to anyone who wants to feel better in their body, mind and soul. Go raibh mile Dave and Namaste x

Date of stay: October 2014
Reviewed 9 March 2015

I visited the Burren Yoga Centre in February. Personally I was looking for time to myself and was looking forward to having a break from the needs of my teenagers! I have done yoga off and on over the past 20 years. Our instructor was Rachael Beare who would give you every incentive to do yoga and try and get your body healthy and in shape. Rachael epitomized why yoga and meditation works and just what it can do for your body and soul. I arrived with an open mind and ready for a great weekend. The place itself is small and cosy and the bedrooms are comfortable. Dave had offered me my own room and the next time I will take that option as I'm not a good sleeper. On the Friday evening some of us gathered in the upstairs living room and chatted over a cup of tea and one of Paddy's to die for muffins. I could feel myself physically relax as I gradually forgot my real life responsibilities. I really liked the group of people two guys and approx nine girls. Even though I am 51 I think everyone is my age and I really enjoyed the mix of ages. We did some yoga that evening and some meditation which should have made me sleepy, but it had the opposite effect and I was ready to stay up & chat. I was glad i went to bed at eleven as we started at 8am to 10am doing the best yoga I have done in years. I loved the bright room we worked in and I never once felt under pressure or uncomfortable trying to do the various movements. After our gorgeous vegetarian lunch made by Paddy, we went for a hike and saw wonderful views (bring your hiking boots). Then we went to Linane's fish restaurant in Newquay, Well worth a visit and try the crab cakes. I liked that we had time to do our own thing before the next Yoga session. When it was time to leave on Sunday I felt revived, refreshed and my body felt like it had been challenged in the best possible way. So if you need time out from life's stresses be good to yourself and treat yourself to this weekend, you won't regret it and your body will thank you for it.

Reviewed 9 March 2015

In the truest sense of the word. This really is a retreat from everyday life and a breath of fresh air. I stayed here a couple of weeks ago and was really inspired by the teaching. The atmosphere is so refreshing and the food is delicious. Everyone was quickly in the mood to relax and enjoy each other's company. My room was very clean and comfortable and the walk on the burren really topped off the whole experience. If you are hesitating at all, just go ahead and book it. Even a weekend is far more effective than two or three weeks on holiday!

Reviewed 25 February 2015

I've just returned from a fabulous retreat in the burren yoga and meditation centre. It completely surpassed my expectations and I would highly recommend it to anyone who's looking to escape from reality and enjoy a weekend of yoga, mediation, brilliant guided outings and laughs. Dave was brilliant,so kind and so helpful with directions both arriving and departing, guiding us through our hike and most importantly making me feel completely at home. Paddis cooking was amazing, so tasty and so healthy and there was never a shortage of food, a choice of beautiful herbal teas and snacks available at all times. Rachel beare our yoga instructor is outstanding! the knowledge she holds is inspirational and she holds no expectations of anyone, she made everyone feel totally relaxed and at ease from the second we met, the yoga was amazing and I learnt loads over the weekend. Our group was a mixture of all levels and I truly felt from the complete beginner to more advanced yogis everyone got a lot out of the classes, the night time yoga nidra was complete bliss, amazing! I will definitely be returning to the burren yoga and retreat centre and to Rachel's class in lismore also. Hopefully I will attend a week long retreat to the burren in the summer. Coming here is definitely something I will annually promise myself to do and is something I would highly recommend to absolutely everyone. Enjoy what this one of a kind centre has to offer.