All reviews meditation centre vegetarian food niamh jones weekend retreat the owner wonderful weekend bunk beds very special place everyday life daily outings new friends wonderful teacher body and soul boat trip amazing food great group boot camp
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have just had a little piece of magic at the Burren Yoga Retreat Centre. A
Wonderful warm welcome to all from Dave together with beautiful energy and excellent tuition from Lisa Petersen. Not to mention delicious food shared with lots of laughter and fun with wonderful like minded people. A treat. nurturing and fantastic time out experience.

Date of stay: April 2014
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Just back from a wonderful weekend of yoga and meditation with Lisa Petersen in the wonderful environment of Burren Yoga and meditation centre. Still glowing after the fabulous yoga with the lovely Lisa, the most amazing food prepared by the genius Paddi, who I wanted to kidnap and bring home with me, and the wonderful company of other yogis. Thank you Dave Brocklebank for setting up the centre and creating such a wonderful setting for these retreats. I hope to return in the very near future!

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Enjoyed a wonderful experience at Burren Yoga this year, hosted by the very committed and hospitable Dave Brocklebank (owner) and faciliated by the incomparable Lou Horgan, Yoga Teacher. Lou's style of yoga is warm, insightful, nurturing and precise, and anyone who attends her classes is always amazed at her ability to connect with her class, both as a group and at an individual level. You could not ask for a wiser, and more lovely person to guide you through a yoga retreat. Food at the Burren Yoga is quite simply AMAZING - even the non-vegetarians among us were completely hooked and routinely looking for seconds. Beds are v comfortable, the location is second to none - on the back door of amazing scenery - and Dave does everything he can to ensure you enjoy your stay and that you get the most out of the experience. Teamwork is part of the spirit of the retreat, so expect to take turns setting and clearing the table, cleaning up, sharing bathrooms and making cups of tea for others as well as yourself. For our group, this was happily done and added to the experience.

Room tip: I preferred the dorm in the main house. It sleeps 6, but its nice to be near the kitchen!
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed at the Burren Yoga retreat centre for the Michael Ryan yoga retreat held in February 2014. It was one of the most relaxing and comfortable retreats I have been on and more than exceeded my expectations. The Centre itself is blissful with helpful staff, spotlessly clean, delicious food (even dairy free for me!) and the dorm bedrooms are spacey and very comfortable. What I enjoyed most about the centre was the freedom of space. They is a silence room, a relaxation reading room, a mini-sitting room and beautiful walks all around the breath-taking burren. It's like a home away from home, you can walk right into the kitchen day or night and make yourself a cuppa.
Yoga mats and fresh towels are all provided, making it that more convenient. The yoga was fantastic, I already attend Micheal's classes in Dublin, which is why I booked the retreat. I enjoyed every single class and came back feeling very refreshed and re-energized. If you need some 'me-time' this is the weekend for you!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Attended the yoga bootcamp weekend with Niamh Jones in early February of 2014. As with some of my fellow participants' reviews below (Eimear, Susan, Cliona and Poll), it is impossible to fault any aspects of this wonderful experience. I slept incredibly well and returned feeling whole and rested. Any of my misapprehensions quickly evaporated on arrival at the Centre. I had been worried that a lot of the attendees would be a bit odd but in fact, I don't think I could have met a nicer bunch of people. My other worry was regarding my yogic ability as I am particularly inflexible and find it hard to relax into meditation. My fears were allayed from the Friday evening. Perhaps I felt more at ease because of the warmth of this group of strangers but also, the course catered for all abilities and was more about your own progress within your own space. I found that the timetable involved the perfect mix of yoga, free time, meals, etc. Although perhaps I overindulged in the divine food - do not be under the illusion that this is a place where you can diet! I also heartily enjoyed the hike up Abbey Hill in the Burren on the Saturday afternoon - the perfect injection of fresh air in the middle of the weekend. I will definitely be back and have recommended it to my friends and family. Next time I might try it during summer to get a slightly different experience. Go!