All reviews meditation centre vegetarian food niamh jones weekend retreat the owner wonderful weekend bunk beds very special place everyday life daily outings new friends wonderful teacher body and soul boat trip amazing food great group boot camp
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I had a fantastic week at Burren Yoga over Christmas/New Year and I felt revitalised and fresh coming home to Dublin.I always try to be mindful throughout the year but I felt like the week at Burren Yoga renewed my perception of everything around me. It's wonderful to feel so healthy and positive as I face into 2014. Please convey my thanks to all the people who make Burren Yoga possible - Niamh, Paddi, your little, growing family, the staff we don't see and your lovely, chubby, black and white cat.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I love going to the Burren Yoga Centre, they look after you from 8am till 9pm everyday.( you also have free time), you sleep in Egyptian Cotton bed linen, very nice vegetarian meals prepared by chef Paddy. I have been there 5 times now because I could see huge benefits.
I would recommend anyone interested in yoga to pay them a visit you will be nicely surprised.

Room tip: Dave will try to get you a lift with someone if you are not driving,.if he can.
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I participated in the New Year yoga and meditation retreat from 27 dec. 2013 to 2 Jan. 2014 which I had found by a Google search. I have done yoga holidays in Spain and Turkey in the past but I must say that the Burren Yoga Centre in Ireland has to offer something more. I think that the fact that meditation was included it made it a deeper experience. I particularly loved New Year's eve, it was not at all spectacular, there was no booze at all, no TV, but the yoga teacher had prepared a lovely programme in the yoga room with a highlight at the end - a kind of ritual around a fire in the garden, where we let go 2013 and welcomed 2014, and when we looked up there was a cloudless sky with blinking stars. What a beautiful way to begin the new year!
For me it was also great to get to know Irish people and some other nationalities. I admit that the accent was not so easy to understand, but after a week I could understand much more! I will certainly come back!
Karin, Brussels/Belgium

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I went for my second visit to the Burren Yoga Centre at the beginning of October and it was once again, a brilliant experience. Last time I went, it was for a week and I wondered if I could really get to have a proper break on a weekend retreat. I could! I was amazed at how deeply relaxed we all were by the middle of Saturday! It felt like a proper holiday, not a quick weekend trip. The environment of course helps- it is just such a stunning part of Ireland and the centre has been developed in a way that makes the most of the beautiful scenery with a sitting room upstairs that has a huge window where you can lose yourself in nature, no matter the weather! There were some lovely new touches in the bedrooms- extra shelving space etc. The owner, Dave, really seems to care about everyone's experiences and clearly takes any suggestions people make onboard. He has a whole list of upgrades in progress from people's suggestions- I found it quite amazing! He was as friendly and welcoming as the last time and took us out on another magical walk. The teacher this time was Kevin Taplin. He was really great- the group were mixed levels and he catered to everyone beautifully. He was very approachable and kind in his teaching and I loved how he had tips for integrity of form when in asanas. After my first visit there in the beginning of August, I developed a daily practice so it was really wonderful to really look at the asanas in an in-depth way. We also did some really powerful and moving meditations and energy work with him. The whole experience was just amazing and I have already booked my next trip there for January!

Date of stay: October 2013
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I went on a Yoga Boot Camp last weekend and had the most amazing time, I had high expectations and they were all met and some extra.Niamh the Yoga Instructor was brillaint and despite a really mixed group of participants from complete novices to more experienced she made everyone feel part of all the sessions. Everyone on the website raves about the food and I thought well its going to be good but truely it was amazing, home cooked breads for breakfast, fresh vegetarian delights every evening, with all dietry requirements catered for. The Yoga Nidra and meditation in the evening was extremely relaxing and the walks in the Burren allowed me to see how fabulous Ireland is. I was most impressed with Dave the owner, I found him extremly friendly, approachable and a real true Yogi. I would thoroughly recommend it and cant wait to go back when hopefully the new centre is built next year.

Room tip: The rooms are small but it is made very clear on the website.
Date of stay: October 2013