All reviews meditation centre vegetarian food niamh jones weekend retreat the owner wonderful weekend bunk beds very special place everyday life daily outings new friends wonderful teacher body and soul boat trip amazing food great group boot camp
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I went on a Yoga Boot Camp last weekend and had the most amazing time, I had high expectations and they were all met and some extra.Niamh the Yoga Instructor was brillaint and despite a really mixed group of participants from complete novices to more experienced she made everyone feel part of all the sessions. Everyone on the website raves about the food and I thought well its going to be good but truely it was amazing, home cooked breads for breakfast, fresh vegetarian delights every evening, with all dietry requirements catered for. The Yoga Nidra and meditation in the evening was extremely relaxing and the walks in the Burren allowed me to see how fabulous Ireland is. I was most impressed with Dave the owner, I found him extremly friendly, approachable and a real true Yogi. I would thoroughly recommend it and cant wait to go back when hopefully the new centre is built next year.

Room tip: The rooms are small but it is made very clear on the website.
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Myself and my sister did a weekend yoga retreat at the Burren Yoga & Meditation Centre in September and could not have enjoyed it more. The place itself is magical and the quietness and beauty of the Burren is something very special indeed. The owner Dave Brocklebank is very warm, friendly and welcoming. He was so helpful before, during and after our retreat which made everything extra nice. You can tell he is very passionate about yoga and sharing that passion with all that come through the doors of his retreat house. The accommodation itself is spotlessly clean - the website refers to high quality Egyptian cotton sheets and I have the say the sheets are worth a mention - I took particular notice of them. The food was excellent - nourishing, delicious, tasty vegetarian food. I wish I could cook like that! The weekend was a nice mix of yoga, meditation and we also had the chance to explore the Burren on the Saturday. I will definitely be back and would highly recommend this to anyone who is interesting in finding some time to recharge and unwind - be it for a week or a weekend. Its only 2.5 hours from Dublin so a manageable drive for many visitors. Within a few hours you can be in this very special place. I will most definitely be back. Thank you Dave, your haven in the Burren certainly provides food for the soul.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I had a great time in the Burren Centre. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming and the food was amazing. I felt very relaxed throughout the whole weekend and the location and house itself is a center of warmth and tranquility. I can truely feel the benefit from staying at the Burren for the weekend and was able to take home a lot of insights. Thanks!

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

The yoga, the location and the food were very good. The ambience was excellent. My only gripe is that owner liked to take a lot of photos of us which was a bit uncomfortable considering that we were supposed to be switching off and relaxing and not worrying about how we look ( i.e unshowered (as could be difficult to get in there in time with only two bathrooms!) no make up, sweating, hair a mess etc.). A few of us found this a bit annoying but felt we couldn't object without making a scene. If these photos are for the retreat attendees own use this is ok I suppose but would not like to see these photos being put up on the retreats website (in fairness the owner didn't tell us they would be!) when the purpose of the retreat is to have PRIVATE " me time" and not have to worry about family, friends and work colleagues commenting on how much of a mess we look it or how we holidayed alone!!! In future would prefer it if the owner could leave his camera at home and allow the retreat guests to really switch off and relax!

4  Thank addictedtothetravel
BurrenYoga, Owner at Burren Yoga Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Guest,
I am very happy that your overall experience of your yoga retreat at the Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre was very good and I guess that is the most important thing.

When we go on our outings I sometimes take a camera so that I can send photos to the retreat participants after the retreat. It is very rare any of those photos would be used on the website, and I always check with people if they would be.

Before we go on the outing, I let people know that I will be taking some photos to share with people after the retreat, and ask anyone who prefers not to be in a photo to come and let me know.

By the way, there are 4 bathrooms between the 15 retreat participants.

It is a very easy going relaxed environment here, where everybody chats and laughs a lot, and as I am chatting to people on the walk, letting them know about the history of the Burren and pointing out the places of interest where we are walking, it is very easy to simply say to me privately that you would not like to be in any photos.

I am a very approachable person, and always let people know they can come to me at any time on the retreat to either chat or request any changes they would like, so I am surprised that you did not mention your concerns and I would have easily reassured you.

Many people really appreciate the photos that I send them and many have sent back thanks for these photos over the years. It can be nice not to have to carry a camera around, and still have some lovely photos to remember the experience when one has returned home.

During the welcome meeting we let everyone know that we are very open to hearing any suggestions from the retreat participants of things they would like to do, or anything that may be bothering them on a retreat. It is through this open communication, caring and willingness to cater for individual needs that helps people have the best quality experience at Burren Yoga.

Apologies that you did not want to be in the photos, but please rest assured that you only have to let me know this in future.

Best Wishes,
Dave

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Having stayed at the retreat several years ago for a week Bikram yoga I was confident of my expectations and recently needed to get away so booked in at The Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre arriving on a Friday morning. I was settled in by the time the other guests arrived for a weekend retreat with the amazing Michael Ryan. I will never forget the spontaneous meditation session in the wildflower meadow. It goes without saying we all learnt and enjoyed a great deal that weekend and the food is always the best. Everyone departed on Sunday afternoon leaving me to enjoy the facilities to practice what i had recently learnt and gently relax into the area having seaweed wraps, massages, lovely walks, enjoyed great food out, restful times sleeping and reflecting at the centre for five whole days. I even managed to join in on three "in house" yoga sessions the centre offers to local residents of the Burren. Friday afternoon the next retreaters arrived for an unforgettable and wonderfully memorable retreat with Lisa Petersen. Everything again was superb. I even waved good bye to everyone at the end of the weekend retreat and stayed for one final night having the yoga facilities all to my self to practice what I had learnt that weekend. Just the best ever experience and the middle few days alone allowed me that extra time to explore and relax further. Would recommend all of this.