All reviews meditation centre vegetarian food niamh jones weekend retreat the owner wonderful weekend bunk beds very special place everyday life daily outings new friends wonderful teacher body and soul boat trip amazing food great group boot camp
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Having just returned from my second holiday retreat here, I know I will be returning again.
City life just fades away the moment you arrive and relaxation takes hold, growing stronger each day. With a morning meditation surrounded by bees, butterflies and wild flowers in a nearby field, followed by an afternoon yoga class on the rocks of Blackhead, The burren is a wonderful setting for a week to chill and recharge the batteries. The food is delicous, both Paddi's vegetarian dinners and at the cafes we stopped at for lunch.
Dave puts a lot of effort in to ensure the retreat runs smoothly and that everyone gets as much out of their stay as possible. You can do as much or as little as you wish. You can have quiet time to yourself, or join in with the rest of the group for classes and day trips, that's entirely up to you.
Michael is a fantastic teacher (I go to his classes in Dublin too) and will guide you through the classes to your own ability. Don't worry if you haven't done yoga before. Having classes every day I built my practice to a level that I'm confident to continue once I'm back to daily life.

Room tip: I've slept in shared rooms both in main house and annex. These are spacious compared to the single rooms, and unless you really want your own space I'd recommend these. Request a bottom bunk if you don't want to sleep up top but they are pretty cool, not like normal bunk beds.
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I had a fantastic time in the Burren Yoga Centre I came for the weekend and stayed an extra two days. The facilities are excellent, the location is beautiful and the activities are really enjoyable. Our group got on very well together indeed. The yoga teaching was of a very high standard and there was lots of opportunities for one-to-one tuition. I learnt so much and I'm looking forward to returning. The holiday was really good value for money and the food was awesome. I can genuinely say that I have returned feeling energised and rested. An amazing transformative experience.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Burren Yoga is a beautiful setting for a transformational retreat. The owner, Dave, is warm, welcoming and always around to help with anything. The rooms are clean and peaceful- I was in bunk beds and they are incredibly comfortable. Dave clearly thinks about how he places everyone too, I have made wonderful friends for life with my roomies- and indeed with many of the participants on the retreat! His optional guided walks and hikes were stunning, well thought-out and fun too! Michael Ryan ran the yoga classes for the week I was on- he is an incredibly kind, engaging and inspiring teacher. I have done yoga off and on for the past few years but still considered myself a beginner. Since doing yoga with Michael, I have taken my practice to a daily routine and am excited about all the positive changes coming my way. I truly feel transformed after the week and have already booked in for two more retreats over the coming months. In short: stunning scenery, surrounded by like-minded individuals wanting to have fun and do yoga and meditation, amazing vegetarian food cooked with love by the amazing Paddi, lunches out at beautiful cafés, a joyous and transformative experience. If you are wondering if you should go- DO! :)

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I was looking for a week away from it all where I could completely unwind, and I'm so glad I found the Burren Yoga centre. I had tried yoga before but never stuck with it because I found it difficult, and thought a week long retreat would be a good way to give it a proper go, or figure out if yoga just wasn't for me at all! The house felt like home from the minute I arrived, it was so cosy and the smell of baking wafting in from the kitchen was so welcoming. It was a fantastic week, Niamh Jones is an incredible teacher and I was amazed how much stronger I got in the poses in just a few days. I really enjoyed the meditations and have kept up the practice ever since. The food was incredible and the outings in the burren were gorgeous, we got to see places you would probably never hear of if you were just visiting the burren as a tourist. . I came away feeling stronger and refreshed, and despite eating huge amounts of Paddi's incredible food I lost weight too! I can't wait to go back, I'm definitely going to make this an annual break, I can't recommend it highly enough.

Date of stay: June 2013
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I have just spend a week at Burren Yoga and feel like a new person inside and out. Through a combination of morning and evening yoga and mediation, amazing amazing food and so many outings into nature and beauty in the Burren and beyond, I have definitely gone through a process of opening up and connecting to the joy of life. The centre is immaculate yet warm and relaxing, beds so comfortable and the yoga studio really good to work in. Had an amazing teacher Michael Ryan but you will get something special from any teacher I am sure. Would really recommend this experience for anyone who needs some space to step out of their normal life and reconnect with themselves - something that is hard to get from a standard holiday.