All reviews meditation centre vegetarian food niamh jones weekend retreat the owner wonderful weekend bunk beds very special place everyday life daily outings new friends wonderful teacher body and soul boat trip amazing food great group boot camp
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I stayed at the Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre from the 27th to the 29th January 2012 and I would recommend it to anyone. This was not only my opinion but also the feelings expressed by the other people on the course. It was a 'great get away' with very comfortable accommodation, best of food and yoga was with Dave who was very patient and worked with everyone at their level. He made every effort to make the weekend enjoyable and relaxed for us all. I would say to anyone considering booking 'go for it'. Well worth a visit. I look forward to returning over the next few months.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

The yoga was great, the rest was not. Had I known the owner was so disengaged with guests and absolutely rude, I would have never stayed there. Cold showers, communal living, plus you have to set tables, clean up and that's karma. I didn't realize you paid to work. For what they charge, we should have maids and butlers.

24  Thank ctdudette
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We attended a six day yoga retreat at the Burren Yoga & Meditation Centre. We have been to other retreats in Europe and found our Ireland retreat most enjoyable!
The accomodations were warm, welcoming and comfortable. Each afternoon fabulous aromas would waft their way upstairs to the common areas fortelling the gourmet cuisine which was being prepared for our dinner. I cannot say enough about how fabulous the food was! The yoga and meditation was just what we needed and the friendships we made were such a bonus to this offering. Dave escorted us on several daily excursions. His open heart gave us all a place to call home in the gorgeous Burren!

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I had simply the best few (to few) days from 3rd to 7th Jan 2012 at the Burren yoga centre. All of my stay was warm, welcoming, and relaxed. It made no difference that I was a beginner as Micheal, the teacher gave clear and concise instructions which all of us could follow. I never felt under pressure and there was plenty of fun too. The amalgamation of yoga and nature was a perfect balance but was challenging and invigorating. The honesty and integrity was a most welcome aspect of meeting new people. My overall experience of my time in the Burren Yoga center will remain with me for a long time to come. It is my intention to return to return during this year so that i can lean more and develop my understanding of yoga.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

I spent my new year in the burren yoga centre, from the 27th to the 2nd january, 2012. The retreat was the perfect marriage of relaxation, yoga and personal reflection time. I am only a beginner at the practice of yoga but I cannot help but feel my experience at the burren is the first step in developing a deeper practice. I have never felt so positive returning to work at the start of a new year. Thanks to Dave for his seamless coordination over the week and Tadhg for delivering the yoga with such joy and ease. I will return in the Spring.

Date of stay: December 2011