“Absolutely loved our visit”
Review of La Lupita

La Lupita
Ranked #22 of 71 Restaurants in Lenoir City
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: (865) 986-3525 La Lupita is a Mexican Grocery Store with a few tables for the restaurant in the back. Homemade and authentic.
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

While we too were the only Caucasian couple on the place. It was fun to order and learn about some of the menu items we could not decipher. If your not intimidated by being out of your comfort zone, this place is great. If you don't want authenticity, and want to continue to believe stereotypes and such then find a Taco Bell. Value of the food and the style of preparation was outstanding. Couldn't help but feel like, while the waitress had some language issues and not everything was perfect, the food and cleanliness of place including bathroom made up for any inadequacy. My hope is that there business flourishes!

Reviewed 14 November 2016

This restaurant delivers authentic Mexican food that is very good with very generous portions. Saturday crowd is very large with many Mexican workers dropping in for lunch. Be patient and you will get good food.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

I refuse to give a restaurant fewer than three stars just because I did not manage to dine there. A friend of ours raved about the authenticity of the food at La Lupita, so we were very excited to try it. Unfortunately, there are no directions, no menus in English, and absolutely no help from the people who work there or hang out there. We stood around for a while, wondering if we were going to be seated or if there was a counter we were supposed to order at. Finally, we left.

Yikes.

1  Thank BayInTN
Reviewed 26 October 2016

Mexican grocery with a section with dining tables. Food was good, but it seems the "restaurant" is mostly take out. One young boy finally took our order, but there was a language barrier. My husband did not get what he ordered. Our food came out at different times and the condiments probably 5 minutes after the entrees. I would eat here again but not think of it as going to a restaurant.

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

This restaurant was outstanding. We were the only caucasian people in the place which is always a great sign. I read several reviews about the food being bland. I am attaching a photo to show the array of condiments/salsa that came with the meal. I had chiccharon in red salsa with rice and beans. My husband tried the chicken, pork, spicy pork and steak tacos. I tried all and was very impressed. I thought they were very flavorful without the added spices. Definitely worth the trip and we will definitely return!