“Saturday Lunch Visit”
Review of La Lupita

La Lupita
Ranked #22 of 71 Restaurants in Lenoir City
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: (865) 986-3525 La Lupita is a Mexican Grocery Store with a few tables for the restaurant in the back. Homemade and authentic.
Reviewed 14 November 2016

This restaurant delivers authentic Mexican food that is very good with very generous portions. Saturday crowd is very large with many Mexican workers dropping in for lunch. Be patient and you will get good food.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

I refuse to give a restaurant fewer than three stars just because I did not manage to dine there. A friend of ours raved about the authenticity of the food at La Lupita, so we were very excited to try it. Unfortunately, there are no directions, no menus in English, and absolutely no help from the people who work there or hang out there. We stood around for a while, wondering if we were going to be seated or if there was a counter we were supposed to order at. Finally, we left.

Yikes.

1  Thank BayInTN
Reviewed 26 October 2016

Mexican grocery with a section with dining tables. Food was good, but it seems the "restaurant" is mostly take out. One young boy finally took our order, but there was a language barrier. My husband did not get what he ordered. Our food came out at different times and the condiments probably 5 minutes after the entrees. I would eat here again but not think of it as going to a restaurant.

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

This restaurant was outstanding. We were the only caucasian people in the place which is always a great sign. I read several reviews about the food being bland. I am attaching a photo to show the array of condiments/salsa that came with the meal. I had chiccharon in red salsa with rice and beans. My husband tried the chicken, pork, spicy pork and steak tacos. I tried all and was very impressed. I thought they were very flavorful without the added spices. Definitely worth the trip and we will definitely return!

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

We had supper at Lupita one night recently. This is not your typical 'cover everything with sauce and add beans" type place. The menu was different and required some translating for us. And I mean "what is this? " . Spanish was not the problem as much as just my ignorance of true Mexican food.
The servings were generous, the service was friendly and helpful. The place is very clean and tidy. The ingredients were fresh and beautifully prepared. My question would be, why was it bland? WE were given a plate of sauces that were three degrees of hotness. Were we suppose to use that for seasoning on our meals. I don't think there was even salt or pepper on our food. I was truly surprised and sad. It was such a neat place, but I don't understand the blandness. Even the beautiful guacamole was bland. No garlic, not enough onion, no salt or pepper. So was it a new cook? or is this truly "street food?"