“Very fresh food. ”
Review of La Lupita

La Lupita
Ranked #23 of 68 Restaurants in Lenoir City
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: (865) 986-3525 La Lupita is a Mexican Grocery Store with a few tables for the restaurant in the back. Homemade and authentic.
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

We had supper at Lupita one night recently. This is not your typical 'cover everything with sauce and add beans" type place. The menu was different and required some translating for us. And I mean "what is this? " . Spanish was not the problem as much as just my ignorance of true Mexican food.
The servings were generous, the service was friendly and helpful. The place is very clean and tidy. The ingredients were fresh and beautifully prepared. My question would be, why was it bland? WE were given a plate of sauces that were three degrees of hotness. Were we suppose to use that for seasoning on our meals. I don't think there was even salt or pepper on our food. I was truly surprised and sad. It was such a neat place, but I don't understand the blandness. Even the beautiful guacamole was bland. No garlic, not enough onion, no salt or pepper. So was it a new cook? or is this truly "street food?"

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

First off I saw a 2 star review on this place. That person has no clue what good Mexican street food should be. 2nd I have been from Rosarita to Cozumel and everywhere in between and the taco al pastor taco design lengua and gorditas are awesome and huge too. Can't wait to try the menudo

Reviewed 14 June 2016

The enchiladas were spicy and bland at the same time, very impressive feat. They appeared to have two different types of "meat" in them. Ground beef on one side and shoe leather on the other. Fajitas were bland all the way around. The sides were the best part of both meals with the beans edging out the rice slightly. I scored them as poor because it was edible.

Reviewed 13 March 2016

Coming from Texas, I have pretty high standards when it comes to Mexican food. This past week I was staying in North Carolina and I had arranged to meet my parents in Lenoir City for lunch. I have to be careful what I eat because I am a gluten-free diabetic, but I can almost always find something at a Mexican restaurant, so I picked La Lupita. We couldn't get over how good the food was. If I ever pass through Lenoir City again, I will make a beeline for this place. I had their big platter with shrimp, two kinds of beef, cactus, onions, beans, rice, cheese, etc. It was superb. My mom's burrito was enormous and delicious. My dad had chicken fajitas that were also fabulous.

Reviewed 6 December 2015

Haven't been here in years . They moved and just went for the 1st time in years.
The restaurant is now located in a supermarket . Ambiance pretty much non existent but
the food is great . Gorditas, sopes, and guacamole are amazing. I had beef tongue sopes and spicy carnitas (pork) gorditas .Fajitas looked as good or better than any tex-mex with homemade tortillas . I haven't had better mexican anywhere. If you need ambiance or a special event go elsewhere but if just want some really good food go to La Lupita! We did byob no issues. No glassware so bring own unless don't mind drinking wine from styrofoam cup.