“Surprisingly good Mexican food in Tennessee.”
Review of La Lupita

La Lupita
Ranked #28 of 66 Restaurants in Lenoir City
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: (865) 986-3525 La Lupita is a Mexican Grocery Store with a few tables for the restaurant in the back. Homemade and authentic.
Reviewed 13 March 2016

Coming from Texas, I have pretty high standards when it comes to Mexican food. This past week I was staying in North Carolina and I had arranged to meet my parents in Lenoir City for lunch. I have to be careful what I eat because I am a gluten-free diabetic, but I can almost always find something at a Mexican restaurant, so I picked La Lupita. We couldn't get over how good the food was. If I ever pass through Lenoir City again, I will make a beeline for this place. I had their big platter with shrimp, two kinds of beef, cactus, onions, beans, rice, cheese, etc. It was superb. My mom's burrito was enormous and delicious. My dad had chicken fajitas that were also fabulous.

Reviewed 6 December 2015

Haven't been here in years . They moved and just went for the 1st time in years.
The restaurant is now located in a supermarket . Ambiance pretty much non existent but
the food is great . Gorditas, sopes, and guacamole are amazing. I had beef tongue sopes and spicy carnitas (pork) gorditas .Fajitas looked as good or better than any tex-mex with homemade tortillas . I haven't had better mexican anywhere. If you need ambiance or a special event go elsewhere but if just want some really good food go to La Lupita! We did byob no issues. No glassware so bring own unless don't mind drinking wine from styrofoam cup.

Reviewed 1 November 2015

They've moved from A Street to Broadway...about 2/10ths of a mile west. The new place is bright, light and clean (the previous location was a little dark, but always clean), and they now have menus with photos for those of us who don't speak Spanish! Simply great food. A neighboring diner had a burrito that was huge! I got the carne asada and hubby got the pollo asada. They were doing a very good business, and the staff was polite, attentive and helpful as usual. The guacamole is a must!!

Reviewed 10 May 2013

If you're looking for authentic Mexican food, this is the best around. If you're looking for the same fare you get at the Mexican chain restaurants, you'll be disappointed. Great chunky style guacamole is fabulous. The sopes and huaraches are great as well. We buy all of our barbacoa there and it's some of the best we've had. It helps to speak a little spanish as well.

1  Thank SLiebbe
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We love to eat here! Their guacamole is excellent,made to order. This is authentic Mexican food, not "plate is hot", smothered with cheese sauce food. The menu is not large, but they offer different plate meals every day, along with the usual tacos, burritos, tortas, etc. They are also a grocery and butcher shop,and have baked goods too. It is small, but clean. If you don't speak Spanish, they do have several people, even some young children, who will take your order. Be sure to try the guacamole!

1  Thank Janet G