“Best restaurant view, and the food is great too. ”

Owenmore Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Recess
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Definite destination restaurant. Bit out of the way for anything other than an overnight stay, but so worth it. The menu is well thought out, lots of food provenance and locally sourced specialities. I had the venison, perfectly cooked loin with tasty vegetables and jus. Scallops for starter were delicious, I’d have eaten a full course of them alone. Extensive wine list with lots of options at all price levels. Go early, before sundown , so you can experience the fabulous view of the river and woodland of the grounds.

1  Thank Jcjc1994

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Excellent menu for evening meal the sort I like, simple, local. we ate in the Owenmore one evening and in the bar on the second evening. Both were excellent. The hoIel was busy in November with guests and many locals eating in both the Owenmore and the bar.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Fine dining at its best. Each dish was presented with style and grace. The service was impeccable. I would only say one downside was the fact that we were in Ireland, so the Parisian styled dishes were not traditional to where we were - but that didn’t stop us from ordering appetizer after appetizer, and entre after entre.

I recommend the oysters and prime rib. The perfect cut was something I will never forget. Buttery, salty with a very subtle raspberry tart . Yes, tart.

In addition, you can’t beat the view of the river that flows all around the compound!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

My husband and I have enjoyed the Owenmore Restaurant at Ballynahinch several times. The food is delicious, the servings generous and the staff friendly and professional. We highly recommend it.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

we ate here while staying at the hotel. Fixed Price and fine dining. At first I didn't think I could possibly eat 5 courses but the food was devine. Service was pretty good too.