All reviews carna bay lovely hotel chowder local beaches saturday night dining room bar and restaurant both nights this family run hotel staff were so friendly cod course meal hot food food was amazing true irish welcome look forward freshly baked scones
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Came back from Carna totally refreshed and discovered parts of connemara previously unknown to us. Carna is a quiet village with a friendly atmosphere. Hotel is very much part of the local community from what we discovered. Great place to immerse in local culture and practice the "cupla focail" we could remember!!
Accommodation very clean and comfortable. Breakfast excellent and hot food served to our table, a rare treat these days.
Evening meal was served in the bar /lounge beautifully presented and we enjoyed their merlot and chardonnay wines. Good value for money. Certainly better value than dining in nearby clifden. Would definitely recommend a short stay here!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2017

We spent St. Patrick's week-end at the Carna Bay. While it was a wet weekend weatherwise we enjoyed our stay. Very helpful and friendly staff, lovely room with big comfortable bed. Hotel is set in a beautiful, part of Co.. Galway surrounded by mountains, sea, bogs with narrow roads leading down to the sea and then discovering beautiful sandy beaches in out of the way places. I can only dream of what it would be like if the sun was shining and one could find a peaceful spot to soak up the sun,

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2016

Lovely hotel. Lovely, clean comfortable rooms. Staff ans management very friendly & helpful. Great location. Great food Found the place to very homely. I would highly recommend this little beauty of a place to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank maryH4178YT
Reviewed 8 October 2016

I stopped here for directions, and the hotel manager was very helpful in steering me in the right direction. I didn't actually stay here, but I wish I had -- it's a lovely hotel with great scenery in a remote, beautiful location. I had stopped at a local pub, the Tigh Mcheaic, where only Gaelic was spoken, and I felt like I was in another world. The coastal area is filled with tiny fishing villages, and I was headed for the ends of the earth, it seemed like. It took forever on those one-lane cow-path roads to get to Spiddal and I really wish I had just stayed at the Carna Bay Hotel. So, if you find yourself near this hotel and it's late in the day, just stay there -- it's a really nice place!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

Lovely hotel, clean, comfortable rooms, great breakfasts,superb evening meals. Staff very welcoming and friendly A little gem hidden on the west coast of Ireland. Would not hesitate to recommend. Look forward to going back again when we visit this beautiful part of the UK.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family