2,069 results
All reviews the club lounge dublin airport the holiday inn free shuttle next morning shuttle service bar food an early flight mini bar touzai restaurant rental car good nights sleep stayed one night city centre hotel bar edit northwoods
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

In general this is a standard airport hotel, clean and dry - but nothing outstanding compared to other hotels of the same brand.

However, the worst thing was the appalling reception staff on arrival in the late evening, even though she was the head receptionist!!!

This women had a patronising attitude and I felt judged as soon as I walked up to reception. She looked down at me and did not want to professionally deal with a request I made before arriving (for a quiet room).

The whole way of her handling this simple matter in a friendly way was ridiculous and frankly a huge disappointment. I felt totally upset about how she was talking to me and fireing her internal hotel blabla at me, as if it were my fault that these requests apparently don't come through to them or that the hotel already had 130 check-ins before me and what not. I honestly haven't got a clue why I should be made feeling bad by this woman, whilst I'm a friendly guy who just wants to spend the night with no problems at all?

The condescending attitude of this 'head receptionist' towards me was totally unacceptable. Even in a budget hotel, I would never stay there again because of this. She wasn't even letting go of me after I requested to be checked-in by somebody else.

This lack of honest customer service was poor, old fashioned and I felt like I was being told off by my school teacher. It reminded me of the service level we got when in 1988 me and my family had dinner in an Eastern German restaurant during communist times in the GDR.

Thanks to the other reception guy I got two free drinks at the hotel bar because of it, that calmed my emotions a bit but not much.

I'd say save a few € for your stop-over by opting for a different hotel near the airport with a cheaper price.

I stayed here last week on my way from Amsterdam to southern Ireland.

Very disappointing experience.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank pacificblueboy
Garret O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to hear about your recent experience. I assure you that this is not at all representative of our usual high standards. I sincerely apologise for the shortcomings during your stay. I will investigate your points further and implement the necessary corrective action.

Kind Regards,

Garret O'Neill

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I have stayed in this hotel now for the last 5 weeks back and forth from the Uk, i used to stay in the centre of Dublin but wanted something different, i am so grateful i choose to stay at the Crown Plaza Northwood. I will start with Olga who always meets and greets me when i arrive, with a big smile and will go that extra mile to make sure my stay is always a pleasure, she is always ever so helpful and willing to help no matter what, as are all the front desk, ever so polite and helpful....
Now onto Colin in the restaurant, well what a joy to see such a happy face no matter what kind of day the restaurant is having, again he and his team are always so helpful and will always make sure you are happy with the food, and it is very good i must say!!!
Well done Chef, we have only met a few times but you do a great omelette :0)......

So this week was a little different to my prior visits to the fab hotel, as my flights were cancelled due to the snow and storm which meant i had to stay the weekend, no big deal as i was due back monday anyway but it was so interesting how the hotel coped with what they were up against...

So in come the Beast from the East and the Big Freeze, praises to the staff, Never did they crumble under the pressure of cancellation's or bookings.
I do hope the management read these reviews and take onboard what the shop floor do and those extra miles that are performed on a daily basis, this is there job i hear you say, well yes maybe but there is customer service ? and then there is the Crowne Plaza Northwood customer service, i would more than happily continue to book my future stays in Ireland here at this hotel.......

Well done team !!
And thankyou

Mr Chris Mills

Room Tip: Exec King Club Lounge Access
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I’m an IHG member and always prefer to visit to IHG hotels. I’ve been to Crowne Plaza - Dublin Airport and the service was really wonderful. Staff is really good and most importantly “SHAJI” a great human being and has ensured excellent hospitality during my visit. He has taken a very good care of me and kudos to him.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank PavanR237
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Went here over storm Emma and have to say it was a great time. We had food in the bar and drinks also, although the hotel was very busy we had the pleasure of being serve by Tommy who kept our spirits high during the storm. Would visit here again in a heartbeat

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ciara S
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Had a great meal in the bar on Saturday last week in the cinebar. Tommy was exceptional in his service and is a very lively character. Great atmosphere in this hotel. Would definitely recommend to a friend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple