Free cancellation until 27/07
  • Pool
US$149
US$130
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$151/night.

Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$163
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$167
US$163
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$192/night.

US$192
US$167
TripAdvisor
1,960 results
All reviewsthe club loungedublin airportthe holiday innfree shuttlenext morningshuttle servicebar foodan early flightmini bartouzai restaurantrental cargood nights sleepstayed here for one nightcity centrehotel bareditnorthwoods
Reviewed 24 January 2018

Stayed here last week, a very nice hotel indeed. The check-in staff were great, being a member of the IHG club I was given a free drink voucher - not bad for a pint of Guinness.

Had dinner in the bar, very good menu. I went for the Thai red chicken curry, which was very nice indeed. Could have done with being spicier though!

The rooms are great! Lovely shower, very powerful!

Location is perfect for the airport as it is off the grounds. Also not a bad location for central Dublin. My Uber came to something like 20EUR.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Ketmeister
Garret O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review in relation to your recent stay. I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable visit.

We hope to welcome you back again soon,

Reviewed 24 January 2018

I stayed at this hotel overnight, after completing a driving holiday with friends, who dropped of the rental car at the airport and caught an evening flight, while I had to wait for a morning flight from Dublin airport. I was particularly attracted by the location at a sufficient distance to avoid excessive aircraft noise, but with availability of a shuttle service to and from the airport. Unfortunately, this was not readily apparent from the airport end, but worked fine the next morning taking me back to the airport. The hotel and room were clean, pleasant, comfortable, everything I needed and wanted for the purpose. The staff were helpful and the room service meal tasty and generous. A hotel most fit for my purpose.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank barbarabZ3434BD

Dear Barbara,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza. I am sorry to see that you rated us with only a 3/5 score. I regret to see that you had some difficulty locating the shuttle from the airport. Thank you for your comments in relation to the staff and food.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

One night stay at the hotel prior to early flight next morning.

Entrance / Reception / Front Desk:
A nice looking entrance, good decor but dimly lit lighting.
A nice greeting from reception staff and very easy check-in.

Room:
1st floor room with two double beds and en-suite bathroom with a separate ‘walk in’ shower which is terrific. The room and bathroom have been decorated really nice and very modern.
Good quality furniture and bedding but the TV is very small and can only be seen from one of the beds?
Large wardrobe available, HVAC system easy to operate and adjust as required.
Very quiet with no sound from corridor or adjoining rooms.

Bar/ Restaurant:
Had an evening meal, decent menu but quite expensive, there is also a separate Restaurant but did not venture into it, expect meal price will be much more expensive.
Our waitress was ok but when meals arrived an item was missing, she said she would go and get it from the kitchen but totally forgot? Did eventually bring the missing item but meal almost finished by then.

Once finished our meal asked waitress for our bill, but once again waitress totally forgot about us (too busy talking to people (not eating) at entrance.
Eventually left our table and stood by the till to pay our bill, waitress arrived and we were soon on our way, no apology for forgetting about us TWICE, really not acceptable considering the Bar/Restaurant was not that busy.

Check Out:
Had a good nights sleep, early check out to catch the 5am Shuttle bus to Dublin Airport.
No ‘good morning’ greeting from front desk staff, and on handing over our room cards he leaned over and just snatched them out of my wife’s hand and turned away from us?

No mention of how was our stay? which is very unusual in any hotel.
While waiting in reception for shuttle bus we realised there is no sign of any security personnel in the lobby area.
People seem to be able to just wander in and walk straight past reception without any intervention from staff?
Also noticed ‘a lady of the night’ offering her services to a young gentleman, pretty shocked by this and with no intervention from hotel staff?

Airport Shuttle Bus:
Disaster, too many people with too much baggage trying to board bus. No driver to be seen, no one co-ordinating passengers, its a free for all.
On arrival at Terminal 2 (our get off stop) it’s carnage, we are located on seats at rear of bus, struggle to get past passengers and children and on reaching front of bus we find the driver has let other passengers onto the bus and are now blocking our exit off the bus, once again no intervention from driver to stop anymore people getting on, eventually exit the bus, total shambles, no one in charge.

Round-Up:
This is not an Airport hotel, it is a long way from airport, cost us 15 Euro’s in taxi from airport, a good 10 - 15 minute journey.

Nice clean hotel, bar food average, staff ok but not usual high standard.

Room very good, clean and with very modern decor and furniture.

Would I return? probably not, will try another airport hotel next time.

First impressions are paramount to me, staff attitude was excellent at check-in but let down by one person at next morning check-out.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to see that you experienced some shortcomings during your stay. I would suspect some comments made are not entirely accurate. I will certainly investigate all the points raised and take the necessary corrective action where necessary.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed here last night and can only praise the hotel for its wonderful staff. I would particularly like to praise Olga and Beth at the front desk for their professionalism.
They have been here for a number of years and always welcome and appreciate guests, particularly those who have stayed in the hotel for many years.
I stay in hotels all of the time and sometimes hotel staff can forget that it is the customer who keeps the doors open. This is never the case with these ladies and it is always appreciated when they recognize and welcome you to their hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Beijingtraveller99
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Zharmaine provide excellent service with a smile and Chef Lui makes the best omelette in the world. The whole bfast experience was excellent with lots of choices and with Zharmaine and chef Lui around it was even better. Very happy to go back till next time

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business