2,069 results
All reviews the club lounge dublin airport the holiday inn free shuttle next morning shuttle service bar food an early flight mini bar touzai restaurant rental car good nights sleep stayed one night city centre hotel bar edit northwoods
Reviewed 13 October 2009

We were "upgraded" from the sister property, the Holiday Inn Express, and we were told it was due to me being a member. Regarding the holiday inn, which I had researched on Trip Advisor, and knew was perfect for our needs. We were a party of two that just needed a quiet place to crash near the airport for our early flight back to Los Angeles the next morning. Let me tell you, the Holiday Inn Express is 100 times better, and if they offer you an upgrade to Crowne Plaza, please do try to decline.

Lobby/Atmosphere: 3 loud parties in all restaurants, spilling out into the lobby on the night of Saturday, October 10. We were placed on the second (first floor) #147. We had booked a non-smoking It had ash trays in the room and reeked of smoke. I called down that I had allergies and would get sick from staying there, but they said there was nothing that could be done. The floors were stained in the hallway, although the room was relatively clean. The elevators reeked like a perfume store.

Dining/Food: Went to scout out a vending machine to just get some chips and water to hold over for the morning but couldn't find any. We went to ask at the front desk, but no one was there. We were told there was no availability at the restaurants due to the parties and crowds. We looked for a room service menu in our room, just to see the options, but although we could find a page in the "info" book telling us it was available, we didn't have a menu. We tried to use our phone by pressing 0 to talk to the front desk, but no one answered.
We gave up at this point and walked across to the Holiday Inn and availed ourselves of their vending machines. Their lobby was stone quiet. The clientele was older and relaxed. I wished every moment that we hadn't been "upgraded"

The people, cleanliness, and pricing at the Crowne Plaza is sub par to the cheaper location of the holiday inn express next door. I would never stay here again, and in honesty it has soured my opinion of the Crowne Plaza brand in general.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2009

We stayed here on our recent trip to Dublin. The hotel is very close to the airport, and there is a shuttle that goes back and forth if you don't have a car. If you are driving, it's just a short drive from the airport, with the added bonus of not driving into the center of Dublin to get to the hotel. This is a benefit and a detriment to staying here. The downside being that getting into downtown Dublin requires driving (not recommended), a taxi ride, or a local bus (tricky if you don't know the schedule and routes).

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The Restaurant is very good, but quite expensive. The bar is a bit more affordable, but can be noisy. The rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. In my opinion, the only problem with this hotel is the difficulty of getting to and from downtown Dublin, but other than that, you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2009

I had an overnight layover traveling from Burgas, Bulgaria to the US. The hotel was fantastic. Everything was fine. The breakfast was good. The only drawback I could claim was the service at the bar. I just spent the day traveling and I looked rather scruffy. I wanted to grab a quick beer, relax, and turn-in for the night. I sat around in the bar and was not attended to. Then again, I don't know if I necessarily blame the waiter.

The hot pot in the room did not work. I called the front desk and an employee came to my room very quickly and replaced it.

One note - the bus does not run after 11:45pm to the Crowne. When I tried to catch a taxi at the airport, the taxi driver told me to go catch the bus. I was about 11:50PM and I told her I wouldn't be able to catch it. She said sure I could. She seemed rather peturbed that I needed a ride to the Crowne since it was so close - maybe she wanted a larger fare? If you arrive late, be insistent on taking a cab. I wasted over an hour waiting in line for a taxi, being turned down, walking to the bus, waiting for the never arriving bus, then walking back to the taxi line, and ultimately catching a taxi. The next taxi driver was extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2009

We stayed here for one night before a flight. I would have to say that was a great decision because it took a long time to check in and enter security. Probably the longest one ever for me and Dublin traffic is pretty rough. The hotel was very friendly and accomadation. The restaurants were good. Also there is an excellent, and very large park across the street. The location is not really suitable for city center tourist activities, unless you were going to drive there every day...but I couldn't event imagine that. It is great for business, airport travel, and otherwise needing a location in far north dublin.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2009

Stayed here for a Wedding and have to save the staff and Hotel itself where spot on. The staff were very friendly and the food in the hotel couldn't be faulted. The rooms where nicely decorated and would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple