2,060 results
All reviews the club lounge dublin airport the holiday inn free shuttle next morning shuttle service bar food an early flight mini bar touzai restaurant rental car good nights sleep stayed one night city centre hotel bar edit northwoods
Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend surprised me with a say here in the Harmony suite for my birthday. The suite was amazing! Had everything you would expect and more. Loved the massage chair and jacuzzi tub. We ate in the restaurant and it was easily in the top 3 meals I've ever had. I would really recommend the lamb! Very fairly priced too. Dagmara our waitress was the best I have come across. It emerged that my boyfriend proposed while staying in the room! The hotel were amazing! I never suspected a thing and they made sure to keep everything a surprise. They even kept the fact that the room was a suite a secret. The manager also gave us champagne when he heard our happy news! Julia, Beth and another girl (name escapes me) were fabulous! They really helped make everything special. I would highly highly recommend this hotel. Crowne Plazas are always amazing.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank spankygem
Pius F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for reviewing our hotel!

It was absolutely fantastic to hear such positive feedback on so many aspects of our hotel and Team !

I have passed on your feedback to the Team here, in particular those that you mention in your review, naturally they were delighted.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Dublin-Northwood soon.

Kind regards,

Pius Furlong

Reviewed 11 October 2012

We decided to stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel for one night as we had a flight home early the next morning. Arriving at the hotel around 1 pm we were informed that rooms were not yet available for check in (obviously a busy weekend with the Donegal/Mayo football match). We were able to label and store our luggage at reception while we drove to the airport to return our hire car. We were handed a rather poor map of where to find the "regular" hotel shuttle bus to return from the airport.
At the airport it was disappointing to have to wait well over an hour in the cold (pick up was quite some distance from the terminals) for the hotel's courtesy bus in order to return to the hotel. All the while we watched buses from other hotels pull up and depart.
Otherwise, the hotel staff were pleasant enough, and we were happy with our room. The room was spotless, the bed very comfortable and it was convenient to have internet access actually in the room, rather than just public areas. Loved the gorgeous fish in the lobby!
We found food and drinks at the bar restaurant to be quite expensive (over 13 Euros for a chicken burger), with limited choices on the food menu.
Departure on the 6 am courtesy bus was fine, and we were dropped right outside the terminal.
We would stay here again, mainly because it is so convenient to the airport, but next time would check out alternative places to spend the evening.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Pius F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of our hotel and indeed for your constructive feedback, which I can assure you has been taken for review.
I have communicated your positive feedback to the Team here!

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Let me start with stating that I am a regular guest in this hotel.

Although the hotel is near the airport, the environment around it is green thanks to a park and several new appartment buildings. noise is thus not a factor.

I have never had to wait for my room, and although most reception staff is not Irish, they are very friendly, speak several languages and are well trained.

Breakfast is typical Anglosaxon, served buffet style. there is an exellent array hot dishes, including very good sausages and black and white pudding. Omelettes and pancackes can be ordered.
Orange juice is unfortunately not fresh.

The rooms are standard sized and come with all amenities, and the windows can he opened. A real plus in my opinion.
Houskeeping always do a fine job.
Another plus is the fact that internet is free and available in-room.

The downstaire hotel Pub serves standard pub food with some Asian dishes thrown in for a decent price. I do recommend the Singapore Noodles...

Points to improve:
# no fresh juices during breakfast
# no spa pool or sauna. The fitness facilities are basic.

All in all is this hotel a very sound choice for the business traveller. do remember that Dublin city center is a long bus ride away.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank flightcrewreview

Dear Guest,
Firstly, many thanks for your regular custom which I can assure you is very much valued and appreciated.!
Many thanks also for taking the time to review our hotel and indeed complimenting us on so many aspects of your experience with us.
I have communicated your positive feedback to the Team here!

Reviewed 9 October 2012

We keep staying here every year because it is handy to the relatives and the airport and we know the area. This time we upgraded to a Club room on the fourth floor. The Club Lounge is useless on the weekends as they don't serve either breakfast or hors d'oeuvres then. We did have the breakfast buffet in the regular restaurant. At E11 for continental or E16 for full breakfast, it would have been pretty pricey if it wasn't offered as an alternative to the Lounge and the staff aren't too swift at refreshing the buffet. The rooms are still small on the fourth floor, with way too much useless furniture in them. No drawer space to speak of, two thin scratchy towels, cheap duvet and pillows. Smokers are allowed right in front of the open doors into the hotel. Now with airport renovations the free shuttle bus drops you off at a considerable distance from the terminal entrance. Bottom line, we may be looking for another alternative for next year's visit!

Room Tip: Don't expect the Club level to be much different from the other rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Many thanks also for taking the time to review our hotel and indeed many thanks also for your regular custom which I can assure you is very much appreciated.
We would genuinely value your repeat custom in the future and on this basis perhaps you would contact me directly upon your return so that I can personally assure that your experience is as we are accustomed to delivering.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

From the moment we arrived, to our departure we were treated like royalty, through the professionalism, and friendly helpful staff and especially from the hotels general manager Mr Pius Furlong.
We booked a park and fly stay , sadly only staying one night in this beautiful hotel and leaving our car in the hotels secure parking building beside the hotel, our dilemma was that the hotel courtesy bus did not operate until 5am on the morning of our departure and we needed to be there at check in for 4am, Pius took it upon himself to organise a taxi for us to the airport at that time and not only that but also had the hotel take care of the cost of our very short taxi journey to the airport.
This is an exceptionally close hotel to the airport and very convenient for flights and such, it also has a super business conference centre with huge wide open and spacious conference suites with beautiful decor and water features.
Our room was very spacious and everything one could ask for in a fabulous hotel like this and in my own opinion, excellent service and luxury for quiet normal run of the mill hotel rates.
we also dined there in the hotels bar that evening and had a very filling and beautifully presented delicious food for also very reasonable rates .
I would certainly stay here again in the Crowne Plaza Northwood Dublin and would not even consider looking elsewhere , and recommend it as a superior location for either business or pleasure.
Well done Pius and your team and keep up the great work.

Room Tip: Try the fourth floor , lovely view of the park just in front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Many thanks also for taking the time to review our hotel, such a fantastic review of our hotel it is too !
Naturally I have communicated your feedback to the Team here who were equally delighted to hear such positive feedback, on both our product and service.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Dublin-Northwood soon!!