2,110 results
All reviews the club lounge dublin airport the holiday inn free shuttle next morning shuttle service bar food an early flight mini bar touzai restaurant stayed one night good nights sleep city centre hotel bar edit northwoods ihg
Reviewed 2 June 2012

This was my eleventh or twelfth stay this year at the Crowne. Having left it too late to get in the week before, and being stuck in the Radisson, I was pleased to be be back for four nights this week.

Checkin or out never too long. Nice clean room on the Club Floor. Large comfortable bed. Club lounge a great, chill-out amenity.....usually much quieter than the reception or the bar (occasional hen nights with orange women etc), and perfect for catching up on emails etc.

Ate most nights in the Cinnabar, which was fine.....nice to get a "welcome back" from the staff that recognised me. Food was great, even when my order included a re-working of the ingredients of one of the dishes!!! When I get bored of the menu, theres the Mandalay Chinese just a minute away, or the Venice Italian about five minutes walk. Breakfast in the morning for me is quick, which I usually manage with the help of the attentive staff, always ready with tea and coffee. Splenda sweetener on the table would be nice rather than just white or brown sugar. Grapefruit segments are obviously cut up by hand rather than poured out of a tin.

Now its light in the evenings, theres the park opposite, which I am still to fully explore, but looks large. Hotel a bit stuck in the middle of nowhere if you dont have a car......the shops are a bit too far to walk. Taxis in the rank usually there, but if not the reception will call one for you, but I generally stand by the road and one comes along in a minute.....usually quicker than a called for taxi.

Negatives......well there arent many at all. Dont know why they put a fat old style telly in the rooms rather than an LED on the wall.....would have made a bit more space. Changing the menu in the restaurant and the bar more often would be great. Ahhhh - a real negative......the towels.....the clean towels have a nasty chemical smell, obviously from the dry cleaners.....shake them out first rather than put them straight on the shelf. And theyre a bit small. Finally, its a shame they put more meeting and function rooms in rather than a swimming pool. But still closer to five stars than four. Back next week :O)

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Pius F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Many thanks for your review!

As a regular customer of ours may I firstly thank you for your business and secondly for your positive review !
I have passed your feedback on to the Team here, who were delighted ot hear that we are closed to 5 stars than 4, a real compliment, and we will certainly take your constructive feedback and address all area possible.
We look forward to welcoming you back next week to the Crowne Plaza Dublin-Northwood.

Pius Furlong

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Excellent hotel, near airport. Modern rooms, very comfortable and the food was very good. Parking was good and it was only 5 minutes down the road to the airport. You wouldn't know there was an airport so close as there was no noise.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your review!
One our real strengths is our location, so close to the airport, yet in a park setting.

I have passed your feedback on to the Team here, in particular to the kitchen.

Pius Furlong

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Nice hotels have a nice smell, bad hotels have a bad smell, and only the best hotels do not have any smell at all. This is one of them. The staff are not only friendly and helpful, but professional in all aspects - they appear at the moment you need them, and are very polite and friendly without being obtrusive.The food was very good as well.
There are some problems with getting to the hotel in the evening by bus from the city centre, but you can do what my father-in-law did - take an express from the city center to the airport and then shuttle to the hotel. Ideal if you want to have proper rest-beautiful park around,very quiet at night. We stayed in summer 2011 but still cherish our memories. thank you.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Pius F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Many thanks for your feedback and taking the time to review our Hotel.

My apologies for not recognizing such a great review of our hotel earlier.

Both the Team and I here were naturally delighted to hear such positive feedback on our hotel and our Team and indeed to receive your feedback as being one of the best !

We look forward to welcoming you back to soon.

Pius Furlong.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed at this place at the beginning and end of my trip because of it's proximity to the airport and their claim that they have an airport shuttle. The shuttle came fairly quickly when I first got to Dublin and the hotel served its purpose, as a site to lay my head after a long flight. The rooms are nice enough ... most of the front desk staff could stand a lesson in courtesy, including smiling once in a while. Despite requesting to have the shuttle at a specific time for my flight home, it pulled away without us as we were checking out and we were told we'd have to wait. They showed no concern and we unapologetic when they couldn't reach the driver to have him come back. We had to pay for a cab, which defeated the purpose of staying in a hotel with an airport shuttle. To get to and from Dublin center, the hotel is ideally located. A short walk leaves you on the main road and the bus stop; Dublin center is a quick ride and less expensive than having to take a cab.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Stayed here twice, friends birthday & boyfriends. Lil mini break as we are from Dublin. Lovely hotel. Near to airport and 20 minutes on bus to city centre. Nice park across road from it. Near shops etc too. Rooms are fab & very spacious too. Very clean. Bar food is also good value, sometimes come here for bite to eat. Highly recommended

Date of stay: July 2011