2,060 results
All reviews the club lounge dublin airport the holiday inn free shuttle next morning shuttle service bar food an early flight mini bar touzai restaurant rental car good nights sleep stayed one night city centre hotel bar edit northwoods
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I was bumped up from the Holiday Inn (next door) to the Crowne. I had questions before check-in, and all were answered in a friendly manner. Service was excellent. I had no problems with staff--everybody was really nice and efficient.

The room was clean, except for the carpet, which looked like it had only been half-heartedly vacuumed. Not a huge deal for me, but maybe it would be for you.

Heat worked well. We were comfortable. The mini-bar is expensive and works off of sensors. Room service is also very expensive. The Touzai Restaurant was closed when we were there, and so we walked around the corner to a restaurant that looks a little run-down, but has very good Italian food. It's called "Little Venice" and looks like it should be a pub. I expected bar food and was pleasantly surprised. There's another restaurant within walking distance: The Mandalay. I didn't try it, but they have a web site, so might be worth checking out.

Lovely park at the hotel that I would love to have tried, but it was too cold. Would be lovely in warmer weather, though.

The bathroom at the Crowne was far better than that of the Holiday Inn--larger with a real shower (not a spray wand) AND a tub, shaving mirror, lovely vessel sink, and bath products.

I didn't find the rooms especially sound-proof, but not annoyingly so. We could hear people talking in the room next to ours, and there were a lot of banging doors (which isn't necessarily the hotel's fault).

The shuttle to/from the airport is convenient, but it only picks up on the hour at the airport, which is a real bother in bad weather and/or if you're tired. There are covered walkways from the airport to the coach/bus parking area, but they only serve to funnel the cold air, and we actually noticed it was warmer outside the covered walkways. Luckily, it wasn't raining. As for the shuttle back, they start early enough in the morning to make the early flights, but this may mean you miss the free hotel breakfast. They also don't deliver to the terminal. They deliver to that same parking lot and you have to haul all of your luggage (without benefit of a cart) back through the wind tunnels to the terminal.

If you've got an early flight to the USA, you'll need a LOT of extra time to clear customs & immigration, which is within the airport. Last time I flew, I did eat the first available breakfast and took the very next shuttle, but I made it to the plane just as they were losing the hatch. NOT a good way to start your journey. If you can't get a later flight, you'll have to choose between free meal or making your flight on time.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 December 2011

I've stayed at this hotel many times, often before or after catching flights and in general I'm usually very happy with my stay. The free shuttle bus is convenient and often competitive rates for a nights stay with a few days of parking are offered which are ideal. A taxi fare to the city will cost no more than €20 or there's a bus stop nearby.

On the most recent occasion I booked a rate (directly on the hotel groups website) which includes parking and breakfast for €79 which is good value for this location. Upon arrival I had the usual friendly welcome albeit without any recognition of my Priority Club status or the usual upgrade which was a surprise as the hotel wasn't busy. PC recognition here seems a bit hit or miss but the standard rooms are to a very high standard anyway so not something that'd bother me much. Always had a good nights sleep here and every room I've been in are quiet and pleasant to be in.

Breakfast is fresh and everything you could want is probably in the buffet.

Checking out wasn't to the usual standard on this occasion though; I booked a rate which included parking and upon checkout I found myself arguing about getting my parking ticket validated. The lady claimed that there was nothing on the system that mentioned the parking and that a B&B rate with parking of €79 was impossible. She also said something about staying at the HI Express next door (don't know what this implication was about??). I was forced to go through all my emails and find the booking confirmation which said inclusive parking before the lady believed me. Upon showing her the email she said 'Oh it'd say that in a different screen on the system'. Why she didn't check this and seemed to prefer to debate the issue with me I don't know.

In my opinion parking should be included as standard here anyway; the other newer Crowne Plaza in Dublin which I have also stayed in several times has free parking and is only 10 minutes away.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Let me start off by saying its a business hotel so facilities have to be judged and reviewed accordingly. The staff is very friendly and from different parts of the world so don't be surprised if you find one from your own country :)

The rooms are very comfortable with technical side of it very modern (Phone, Internet etc.), but the wireless accessibility is not guaranteed in the rooms as it is meant for public areas like reception, lobby, meeting room etc. Even the television lefts lot to be desired, it was a plain old CRT and showed only Irish free channels, no sky sports as you might expect.

The GYM is not worth mentioning at all and they seriously need to work on that, Food has limited choice but the quality is very very good.

Like i said its purely a business hotel so the facilities needed for business are top notch, loads of meeting rooms, conference halls all with great facilities and sound system, parking is quiet cheap as well in fact you can park your car here for just 6 Euros / day which is really good if you want to fly out of Dublin somewhere. Drive to the crowne park here and take the free shuttle bus to airport (to and fro).

Overall i would recommend this Hotel for business travellers as its efficient but not for Leisure travellers as its not in the city and lacks fun facilities.

P.S: There is a lovely park opposite to Hotel named Santry Demense

Room Tip: The chances of getting a better wifi connection is high if you are living on the first floor somewhere near the centre.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night on a recent business trip. The hotel is very close to the airport so was in an ideal location for a quick dash meeting.

The hotel was very modern and had an upmarket feel. The tropical fish tanks in reception were particularly spectacular. The check in experience was quick and efficient, and also allowed me to be charged in sterling rather than euros, which was great for me as it saved the hassle of converting the bills when doing my expenses.

The room was clean and well of a decent size. The bed was very comfortable and really aided a great night sleep. The room had a safe and complementary sparkling water, which is a shame for me, as I can't stand the stuff.

The breakfast was a buffet style arrangement, and was very nice. I would have liked to have been able to order a freshly cooked breakfast, but this was not available. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. I can not offer any advice on the evening meal, as was dragged into Dublin by work colleagues and forced to indulge the Irish hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Stayed here in Sept prior to airplane departure. Excellent bar, restaurant, and very good rooms ---very quiet. Great park across street to walk off jet-lag. Would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2011