2,060 results
All reviews the club lounge dublin airport the holiday inn free shuttle next morning shuttle service bar food an early flight mini bar touzai restaurant rental car good nights sleep stayed one night city centre hotel bar edit northwoods
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I needed one night at a hotel somewhere near the airport, and this Crowne Plaza had low rates for Saturday night, so I took it. I wondered why the rate was much lower than downtown hotels. It wasn't about room quality - it was about location. This hotel is in a suburban corporate office and apartment park, next to a public park. Outside the hotel, there is very little to do in walking distance. There's one other place to eat within 0.5 km, and the park, and that's it. City buses are quite infrequent on weekends, too.
The airport shuttle is free, which is good, but only runs once an hour in the middle of the day. That's not good. The pickup is marked pretty clearly, at station 14 if I recall - follow the signs to hotel pickup.

Isolation could have become disastrous, but the hotel is acceptable. As a Platinum, I was upgraded to the club floor and got free continental breakfast. This isn't required by Priority Club, so it was a substantial plus. On the other hand, I wasn't told that newspapers cost money, so I paid 2.60 euros for my Independent. This should be disclosed, because I thought it was a Platinum benefit.
I had dinner in the bar, which was ordinary and a bit pricey, but not unfair. Rooms were of fair size and have wired Internet for free. In Ireland, Internet is often not free. One problem is that the TV promised a message center and fancy features, but they don't work - it's a plain box, as far as I could tell.

One substantial problem is that I clearly heard my next door neighbor's conversation, both at night and in the morning, and I don't think they were shouting. I can be picky on this, I know, but this falls under basic expectations of lodging - not hearing neighbors.

Overall, if I had a car, this would be a much better place and I'd give it another dot. Parking is 6 euros per day, quite good for Dublin. Without a car, as a tourist, I would spend a bit more to get a better location.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2011

If you don't want to stay in the city center, Temple Bar area or St. Stepehns Green location due to cost or crowds, this Crowne Plaza Hotel is the answer. It is close to the airport and on the bus line into the city and less expensive than hotels or B&B's in town. The breakfast in not included in the cost of the room (more like America than european hotels), however, you'll be better of going into Dublin city and having a nice Irish breakfast anyway. There is also a Hilday Inn Express now located right next door to the Crowne Plaza, so you should be able to find a room at one of these locations. You won't be sorry if you are comfortable taking local transportation into the city centre. Parking is not good in the city anyway.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
etimmons, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments on our hotel.
Please note that we do have rates inclusive of breakfast available on our website which represent better value than purchasing the breakfast on arrival.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

nice enough hotel, breakfast was ok but what is it with the Crown Plaza hotels and EGGS. second C.P. hotel that cant cook eggs properly!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel.
We are disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with the eggs at breakfast. We do have a chef cooking eggs to order at the breakfast buffet so we strive to accommodate all tastes. If you are visiting the hotel again, please let me know so we can ensure that your breakfast is perfect next time.

Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed here the last night of our trip to be close to the airport for our morning flight. The hotel has a courtesy shuttle that runs every 30 minutes. There are also computer monitors in the lobby that keep you updated on flights.

The rooms were very nice and modern as well as clean. The breakfast buffett was outstanding - huge selection! It set me up well for the day.

Advice: We got in late & I was hungry. Due to the late hour, the restaurant was no longer serving food & room service choices are limited. In addition, the menu is expensive. There is also not a lot in the area, so if you need to eat, do it before you get to the hotel. This is a business or travel in/out sort of hotel - not the place you would stay to be close to all the sights and restaurants, etc.. With that said, the hotel was beautiful and comfortable & fit our need - to be accessible to the airport on the night before our travels home.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
etimmons, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and will review your comments on our room service menu at our next management meeting.

Reviewed 12 August 2011

We stayed here for 1 night in a family room before an early morning flight.The location is very convenient for Dublin airport.We had booked a family room and check-in was very pleasant and swift.However,when we got to our room,there was an overwhelming smell of fresh paint.I returned to the check-in desk,and told them.They were not aware that that floor had been painted,even though all along the corrider there were signs up to that effect.It was very difficult to change rooms as all their family rooms were booked.After some searching though,we were allocated another family room on a different floor.We were very grateful! The room was very nice ,modern and clean with 2 double beds.Unfortunately we found it very hot and even when we turned the airconditioning to its lowest setting, it did not cool the room suffciently for us.None of us slept particularly well,but as we were getting up very early to catch a flight we were just glad to get the night over with.We were not able to use the shuttle service to the airport as the first coach leaves at 5am and we had to be at the airport earlier.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the hotel. We are delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay.

Our maintenance staff recently touched up the paintwork in the corridors and were not expecting that the paint odour would affect the bedrooms. We sincerely apologise for this oversight and we will certainly bear this in mind in future. We have also checked that our air-conditioning system is fully functioning in all our rooms so thank you for bringing it to our attention.

We do hope you will visit the hotel again in the near future.