1,142 results
All reviews main building garden suite long driveway country house peacock restaurant leisure centre wedding venue drawing room bar food beautiful hotel steam room golf suites family room dublin city stayed here for one night full irish breakfast romy
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights as part of my brothers wedding party. On arrival the hotel looked amazing-long driveway with ostriches and llamas en route and a huge imposing building. The grounds were superbly maintained and it looked the perfect setting for a wedding.
We arrived very early and asked about the possibility of checking in. The friendly receptionist gave us a room on the second floor. The corridors can be a bit confusing due to different levels of the building but you soon get the hang of it. Our room was a very good size, very clean and warm. The furniture is old and well used and could be updated. The bathroom was very clean and had a shower and a bath. We ate dinner there that night and the food was superb-huge portions at a great price.
On the morning of the wedding my brothers and I went for a swim in the leisure centre. I have never visited a place like it. The changing room was no more than a draughty cupboard-peeling damp walls, crusty mats and a general unkemptness. The pool area itself was little better-the pool basin was heavily stained and looked very unclean. The steam room that was heavily advertised in the hotel was broken, it too looked very unclean. Every guest we spoke to said the same thing about the leisure centre. Given the high standards elsewhere in this 4 star hotel I cannot understand how they could let the leisure centre facilities deteriorate in this manner.
The wedding reception was superb-very attentive staff, plenty of hot food.
Breakfast was of a good standard with something for everyone. Check out was supposed to be 11am but the receptionist was very accommodating in letting us stay a little later if needed.
Overall, a beautiful setting for a family weddding-just needing a little TLC.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Tommy H
Reviewed 13 February 2018

We can only report for the already renovated rooms, in the so called "Garden Suites",
which were clean, have quite some space and a really kingsize bed. The furniture looked old - on purpose, a really nice impression overall.

We had a really decent sleep in the hotel.

The looks of the estate, entrance, reception, restaurant, bar is plain and simply great.
The staff is friendly, room service ok. The employee serving breakfast was the most friendly i have ever met.

From the hotel you have all options to go explore Dublin to the north-east, wicklow and surrounding to the south/sout-east or the middle of ireland to west/ south-west.

Definetly worth a visit - regarding the experience we had in the garden suite.

Room Tip: Book a room in the garden suite
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Timothy_Scope
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Stayed here with work as an alternative to the usual, pleasant surprise, some excellent dL world charm remain8ng and the new extension is of good quality, rooms comfy, warm and quiet. Breakfast and evening meal good - nothing to rave about but no complaints. Will come back

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Have just come home from an overnight stay and have to say I was really disappointed. When we arrived at the hotel to book in there was no one at reception. We stood for some time wondering what to do and then a man who had been standing at the doorway (he worked in the hotel) informed us the receptionist would be with us shortly. When she eventually came and took our details she informed us we were to be allocated a room adjacent to the hotel. She gave directions to turn left once we went out the main door. We took the directions but ended up at another part of the hotel. It was very frustrating not knowing exactly where our room was and no one to tell us. I had to go back into the hotel again and get a waitress who was really helpful and brought me to the room. The room was really disappointing as it lacked warmth due to not having any curtains on the Windows. The room was adapted for a disabled person due to the shower having a disabled seat and having no shower tray. The bathroom was void of a shelf to put makeup etc. The hot tap continually run from when we arrived until we went home which was do annoying whilst trying to sleep.
The room on a positive side was a good size but just lacked a little bit of luxury. Room 105 was our room.
The food in the restaurant was absolutely beautiful and I would fully recommend the steak which was one of the best I have ate and the staff in the restaurant were very attentive and friendly.
I'm afraid I can't say the same about the bar staff, well one of the bar staff in particular. When my husband was standing at the bar waiting on his drinks a female waitress pushed past him to get her order without an "excuse me". Good manners does not cost anything.
When we came down to breakfast at 9.20 the restaurant was quite busy. We went up to get our cooked breakfast but unfortunately the trays were all empty so we had to wait along with a queue behind us until they replenished the bacon, sausage, tomato, mushrooms, etc.
Although these things may seem quite petty I really do expect more from a 4 star hotel and the fact the receptionist didn't even ask how we enjoyed our stay really says a lot about the hotel.
Overall disappointed

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Anne C
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Met a group of 12 friends for afternoon tea. We were sat in a big room with two circular tables which we asked to be pushed together. We also asked for the fire to be lit and it was. The food was fantastic and lots of it. The sandwiches were really fresh and the cakes were varied and gorgeous. My personal favourite was the crispy pastry case filled with apple and toffee. The scones were a good size and served with cream and jam. We were brought tea and coffee but it quickly ran out and we constantly had to ask for more to be brought. I think one pot per person could have been brought in the first instance but that was my only complaint. I would love to go back again.

Stayed: January 2018