1,173 results
All reviews main building garden suite long driveway grounds are beautiful country house peacock restaurant leisure centre wedding venue drawing room bar food beautiful hotel steam room golf suites family room an overnight stay dublin city following morning
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Myself and my family attended today for afternoon tea , we were a party of 8 . While we thought the food was lovely and very good value we were very disappointed with the service we received from the staff. The staff were quite rude, and charged my mum for three bottles of wine even though only one was consumed. When brought to the attention of the staff it was made out that it was my mums fault and staff tried to convince my mum to take two bottles of wine with her to avoid the hassle of giving her a refund.
We felt the staff were rushing us from the moment we sat down even though we were twenty minutes early we were asked three times to order our food when we were still waiting on three people of our party to arrive. Then as we were still eating we were asked if our plates could be taken away and then after this everything began to be cleared from our table just as we were asking for the bill, we were then told about two minutes after paying the bill that we would have to leave our table which would have been no problem if we had of been pre warned when beginning of the time which our table needed to be returned.
The receptionist was also rude to my mum as she asked about where we were to go for afternoon tea, answering her with very snotty response which we felt was extremely unnecessary.
It was a pity about the staffs attitude towards their customers as we will not be in a rush to return after our experience today even though we have been here quite a lot before for afternoon tea and thought it would be a nice girly day out to celebrate our Nana's 70th Birthday, we were very disappointed with the service.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank lamor479
Reviewed 27 January 2018

Got married in Finnstown just about a year ago and they couldn't have done more for us. Had such an amazing day. I always said I liked the hotel so much I'd probably go back for other events like baby showers, christenings, birthdays etc.
So when it came time to try and organize a baby shower for my cousin Finnstown were the first place I called. We wanted to book an afternoon tea baby shower because we had it previously in the hotel and it was lovely.
The afternoon tea is reasonably priced but when you are paying for 20 or so people it will be very expensive so you would think they would give you some sort of discount for such a large group booking. Not a chance, was told it would be full price and they also wanted an additional €150 on top for a room?? When we were getting married we also had an event the day after and we also inquired about an engagement party at the hotel and were told that room hire was always free when you were paying for food. In fact I can see a review from Nov 2017 saying they organized an Afternoon tea and the hotel gave them their own private room. When I inquired we would have to pay an additional €150 on top, and was told if we didn't want to we could all just sit in the bar with everyone else for the Afternoon Tea, for a baby shower? That isnt much of a baby shower now is it and a little inappropriate for a baby shower too.

Well I called other hotels and they were more than happy to give us a better price for such a large booking, and reserved any area we wanted or offered us a private room also.

The hotel has obviously gone way downhill since I got married there in 2017, and obviously has no interest in repeat business which is unfortunate, as I would have returned for future events. I wont be now. The girl we spoke to on the phone couldn't have been less helpful or less interested.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Lorenna2580
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Hotel looks nice as you drive up to it, but car park is quite muddy. Service at the bar is slow. Then they poured the wrong drink but made out that it was our fault? The ladies toilet is in keeping wiht the old look of the hotel, then has really modern glass sinks which looked strange

Food was ok. Their steaks are not a good quality cut.

The waiter for our table was very pleasant

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank MrsGiroud
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Lovely hotel to meet a friend, business acquaintance. Relaxing atmosphere, delicious food however the service was very slow on the evening we went there. This has occurred on a few occasions where I have had to walk around and source a waiter which is disappointing.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 235clairb
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Just spent a lovely relaxing weekend at this hotel. Staff so helpful, amazing food and lovely surroundings. Definitely will be back. Booked it as a deal from living social. Well worth the money. Just one little problem which was beyond the hotels control..the rain!!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple