1,143 results
All reviews main building garden suite long driveway country house peacock restaurant leisure centre wedding venue drawing room bar food beautiful hotel steam room golf suites family room dublin city stayed here for one night full irish breakfast romy
Reviewed 19 November 2017

We stayed at a hostel in downtown Dublin and were out of our element with the street noise, hallway noise and general hustle and bustle of the city! It was approx 50 euros for two at the hostel and we got a charming deal on Expedia for great value! I love character houses, B & B's etc and so this was right up my alley. Beautiful restoration of an old manor house, staff were good and the food was yummy. Everything was a reasonable price for what you were getting. We enjoyed the pool and turkish bath and the rooms were elegant and grand! We were actually given a very grande room by the pool at first with leather sitting chairs a timeless wardrobe piece etc but had requested two beds and so moved to a smaller less grande room in the main house. All in all we loved our stay here! We taxied into Dublin for a few excursions and caught the 25B bus back which dropped us outside the manor. We bought a visitor leap pass which gets you bus, train and the express bus for 72 Hours at about 20 euros a piece. It was about 30 euros to get to or from the city centre by taxi. Definitely a stay with character and a few ghosts milling about!

Room Tip: Although it may appear you are getting the short end of the stick by being away from the manor house - the rooms are grande and elegant!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Calyps012
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Situated a 40minute bus journey outside Dublin with a 30 min service (25B) you’ll find this hotel. Lovely grounds that are home to peacocks also an ostrich and couple of llamas. Hotel does a buffet style breakfast that will set you up for the day and in the evening you can get a good meal in the bar or the restaurant. Prices are probably what you would expect for food and the drinks are expensive.
We were staying in the accommodation outside the hotel, room was spotless and well maintained, clean linen throughout and the rooms are big, the bed is HUGE and very comfy.
Breakfast is available from 7am for those early starts, I would recommend bringing the car though rather than using the bus to get about

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gotham68
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

First time I stayed was a disaster and the second time was worse. Oh what a shame this hotel is run so badly, the staff are inexperienced and the service is dire. Ordering a drink from the bar can take up to 20 minutes and if you ask waiting staff can they take a drink order you are told they don't serve drinks they only serve food. They never have enough staff on to cover the amount of functions they have on.

This hotel is certainly not a 4 star, I have stayed in hundreds of hotel's and have never experienced not been served a glass of water to bring to my room by the night porter he had to ring the manager and get him out of bed after a half hour of me explaining that I needed a drink as I had medication to take so eventually the manager came along and after all the bloody drama he got the drink for me, it wasn't like I was looking for alcohol it was an absolute disgrace and its caused me so much stress the way the night porter treated me he was a disgrace. There are no vending machines to get a bottle of water from so I really had no option but to stay until I got a drink.

And apparently any one can drink in the residence bar its an open bar for all so we had to endure rude toe rags chanting IRA rubbish towards my partner once they heard his English accent.

I will never return to this hotel and I had been thinking of having my wedding there not a chance of that ever happening.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
8  Thank Nikki1976100
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Firstly, the reservations team made an error with our booking for afternoon tea. We were then given a table in a dark, dreary corner of the bar instead of the drawing room as promised when making the booking. Service was slow & inattentive, & the food was of a lower standard than would be expected / typical for afternoon tea. Toilet facilities poor. Very disappointing visit overall, would not recommend.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank EmmaGuest
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in a recent trip, reception is very welcoming with a log fire, check in was quick and painless. I stayed in the suites separate to the main building which are a very good size and well appointed with good Wi-fi which is good for catching up on emails. The bar area is good and had the football on that evening also you can eat in there to. I didn’t have breakfast or eat but the food look good.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business