“lovely breakfast”

Idlewilde
Ranked #19 of 29 Restaurants in Dalkey
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 6 April 2016

delightful breakfast in Dalkey, with caring staff and delicious pancakes
The place is small but comfortable enough for breakfast or a quick lunch and they offer wifi to customers

Reviewed 5 April 2016

I popped in to have breakfast in IdleWilde with my daughter over Easter and there was a great hum from the existing diners most of which looked very at home and were probably regulars (some conducting business).
There is an excellent choice of larger and smaller breakfasts but really liked the water being delivered to the table, the decent sized pot of tea (at least 2.5 cups!) and beautifully cooked food.
It is a while since I've visitied but I'll be back the next time I'm in Dalkey

Reviewed 28 March 2016

My husband and I are still dreaming of their Irish Breakfast plate. This cute little cafe in Dalkey is alive with activity in the morning. Full of locals who you can tell frequent there with their morning routine, it was a great way for us to feel a bit of the "real" Ireland, away from the overpacked tourist spots.

The food is fresh and the price is right. We've never tasted pork sausages that were so fresh and healthy tasting. The bread was my favorite part - freshly baked with a traditional recipe, instead of the unhealthy processed manufactured breads you get in hotels or stores. Everything we ate there tasted as though it was from a farm around-the-corner.

It's located just down the street from the Dalkey DART train station, and was a pleasant stroll through the cute little quiet town. Lovely visit.

1  Thank Erika G
Reviewed 23 March 2016

On our frequent visits to Dublin & Dun Laoghaire, we always make time to visit Dalkey and eat at Idlewilde. Last Sunday 20/3/16 was no exception. We went around 11.30am for the crepes - just managed to get the last two available seats - the place is always busy. Nevertheless, the service is quick and friendly, and the food and value first class.

Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

I'll start with the positives - nice little location nestled just off the Main Street of the picturesque seaside village Dalkey.
The serving staff were very nice and the coffee was good.
The down side for me is that the seats & tables are just a little too close together - the dining area smells of the food being cooked. I know people do like to see food being prepared sometimes but the ventilation system needs improving.

I had salmon and scrambled eggs which was only okay - im hesitant to say it but the eggs tasted as if they were either re heated or cooked in a microwave.... A cardinal sin in my book.

Would I be rushing back? Probably not.