“De Lightful DeVille”

Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Dalkey
Price range: US$17 - US$32
Cuisines: American, French, Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: DeVille's is located on the main street in the old heritage town of Dalkey. Born out of a love of food and the ceremony of dining out, its joint owners brother and sister Kim and David O'Driscoll serve moderately priced, traditional bistro fare seven nights a week with brunch/lunch on Fridays and the weekend. Serving predominantly French wines from a carefully selected wine list, draft beers and an extensive range of spirits & house cocktails there is something for everybody at DeVille's.
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

It’s been a year or so since I’ve eaten here and the place is as popular and as busy now as then.

If I had one wish, it would be that the restaurant had a slightly broader vegetarian choice. We had the falafels, which were tasty - but were the only ‘mains’ option. Service was friendly and professional and it was good value. The banoffee pie with toasted banana ice cream was amazingly good.

A real treat and reliable ‘go to’ place in Dalkey.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

This is a very busy restaurant, but also a bit cramped.
We were shown to our table and received the menus and the waitress gave us a rundown on the various specials. Drinks were ordered and delivered promptly.
I had the scallops Saint-Jacques which were quite good. Other starters were the crab and avocado (not so good), and the sautéed prawns which were a hit.
For mains I had the ribeye, ordered medium, but unfortunately was nearer rare which mean a lot of the fat was still present on the meat. This was accompanied by skinny fries and a not so good bernaise. Other dishes ordered were the fish and chips (a hit), the duck breast (a definite miss), and the pork belly.
Desserts were a major disappointment. An apple crumble with crème anglaise was poor and the banoffee pie was just so-so.
Overall a bit of a mixed bag

Reviewed 12 April 2018

We went to Dalkey for a trip. We decided to eat in DeVille's. I ordered fish but instead of mash potatos I asked about chips. My husband ordered salmon. My plate came with mash potatos. Brilliant waiter apologized me for this situation, brought me extra chips on the side and offered complimentary dessert! Food was great, very good wine and my cheeseecake...
I don't know your name but thank you so much that you took care of us! I wish everywhere will be customer service like this.. :)

Reviewed 11 April 2018

We went to Deville's for dinner a few weeks ago and had to wait a while for table, its quite a small restaurant so I would definitely book in advance as its not a big restaurant at all but I think this is part of its charm. Its got a very cosy atmosphere and the food is delicious. I had lobster with mash potatoes and green spinach. The prices are quite high and thats why I have given it an average rating, I would just expect a better overall experience for those prices.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

We went there with 4 friends for the first time .. and what a treat it was. Friendly service and welcome from the moment we set foot in the door to the time we came to leave!
The food was delicious.