“Good pub for pub grub”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2017

I have lunched at Magpie from time to time.
Recommended as a good place for pub grub in Dalkey.
Good service.
Prime position on a corner looking down the main street.
Fish pie recommended. Also fish cakes.
Friendly service

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

I ordered avocado toast and was clear that I cannot eat milk products and that I needed a dish with no dairy. When my dish came it was clear that someone had forgotten, grated cheese over it, and then remembered and scraped it off, inevitably leaving bits of cheese on it. If you have a food allergy this place is not to be trusted. They did give is a discount, which was nice, but I'd never go back.

2  Thank dnuttall
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Service was good and pub is lovely. However food was terrible. The seafood chowder was like dishwater, and when we sent it back, a replacement still hadn't emerged 20 minutes later, so we left with one of us not haven't eaten at all. Burger was bad quality beef and uninspired. Kids portions were small and average. Definitely disappointed and will not be returning.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

This is like the Davis' of Eastport Annapolis. It's on the edge of town and is great for a point of Guinness and bar food. You'll need to ask the bartender for a second drink or for your check. I waited for about 20 minutes for the server to come back and it was obviously​ not going to happen so I shifted up to the bar. I still loved this place for being the local pub that just doesn't care... good stuff.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

A lot of craft beer to chose from. Nice menu choices and a good price range. Service with a smile and very helpful with beer choice. Food was excellent. Ambiance was ok nothing special.