“Have the Mussels!!!!♥️”

Ranked #15 of 29 Restaurants in Dalkey
Price range: US$0 - US$39
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Corner Note Cafe is situated in the lovely heritage town of Dalkey, Co. Dublin. We aim to provide restaurant quality food in a beautiful cafe setting. For tourists and locals alike, we provide the fastest free and open wifi in Dalkey, possibly Ireland. You can take a look around the Corner Note Cafe through the virtual tour on our website.
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Our second to the last stop on our post wedding tour brought us to our favorite village in Ireland, thus far - Dalkey, and the Corner Note is very charming place, and i was delighted to see mussels on the menu! The best I have ever had! These are Cork mussels, according to someone there who must have been management or an owner. The broth was a milky, cream based, garlicky and sopping it up with delicious bread - Oh my! I’m not sure I will ever order them again until I return!

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Staff was outstanding. I made sure they took credit cards prior to entering... we had a sweet table for two near the window. We enjoyed a delicious Cesar salad with chicken and a Cesar wrap. The food came quickly. The manager was very helpful and funny. There were customers from all over- construction workers, locals and tourists like us. Outside they had a basket of sunscreen and straw hats for their customers- so thoughtful! We rode the DART to Dalkey and enjoyed walking around the town and window shopping.

1  Thank Carol S
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

We (a group of three friends) visited on quiet afternoon for coffee and a light bite to eat and were seated by some huffy man (possibly the owner) working there. When he came to take our order he flung the lunch menu and said each of us must order a main. He then came back with water for the table and my cousin asked if they had iced coffee on the menu to which he raised his eyes to heaven and said they “don’t do coffee”. We were left a bit confused as to whether they just don’t serve coffee on its own or if they don’t sell coffee at all. He also pointed out that half of the items on the menu weren’t available so on that note we decided to walk off. I will never return to this place due to the rudeness of this man. I will also be telling people I know who live in the area to avoid at all costs. On another note we noticed plenty of others at tables with just glasses of wine so I don’t understand why on a quiet afternoon they would refuse to sell coffee at all?

Wanderlust across the road does amazing food and the staff are very friendly so I would recommend going there instead!

3  Thank M-bradz
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

As joanmurphy 20 May. Brusque, even rude announcement of no ‘just coffee’ service at this cafe. Went to nearby healthfood store instead. Warm welcome, great coffee, found olive oil as well.

3  Thank irishuscouple
Reviewed 16 June 2018

I always loved eggs but never thought I would once be amazed by eggs... The fried eggs my girlfriend ordered were just divine, of a texture I never experienced before. Strangely great. The coffee was also good and so was my omelette. Nice staff too. Great breakfast place!