“Rude staff”

Ranked #15 of 29 Restaurants in Dalkey
Price range: US$0 - US$39
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Corner Note Cafe is situated in the lovely heritage town of Dalkey, Co. Dublin. We aim to provide restaurant quality food in a beautiful cafe setting. For tourists and locals alike, we provide the fastest free and open wifi in Dalkey, possibly Ireland. You can take a look around the Corner Note Cafe through the virtual tour on our website.
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

We (a group of three friends) visited on quiet afternoon for coffee and a light bite to eat and were seated by some huffy man (possibly the owner) working there. When he came to take our order he flung the lunch menu and said each of us must order a main. He then came back with water for the table and my cousin asked if they had iced coffee on the menu to which he raised his eyes to heaven and said they “don’t do coffee”. We were left a bit confused as to whether they just don’t serve coffee on its own or if they don’t sell coffee at all. He also pointed out that half of the items on the menu weren’t available so on that note we decided to walk off. I will never return to this place due to the rudeness of this man. I will also be telling people I know who live in the area to avoid at all costs. On another note we noticed plenty of others at tables with just glasses of wine so I don’t understand why on a quiet afternoon they would refuse to sell coffee at all?

Wanderlust across the road does amazing food and the staff are very friendly so I would recommend going there instead!

Date of visit: July 2018
5  Thank M-bradz

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

As joanmurphy 20 May. Brusque, even rude announcement of no ‘just coffee’ service at this cafe. Went to nearby healthfood store instead. Warm welcome, great coffee, found olive oil as well.

3  Thank irishuscouple
Reviewed 16 June 2018

I always loved eggs but never thought I would once be amazed by eggs... The fried eggs my girlfriend ordered were just divine, of a texture I never experienced before. Strangely great. The coffee was also good and so was my omelette. Nice staff too. Great breakfast place!

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We've visited this place before and to be fair didn't have any complaints.. It's a nice spot to have brekky outside in the sun. We ordered the eggs and pulled ham and when it came actually couldn't believe the miniscule amount of ham on the breakfast. Literally about 2 fork fulls worth of ham, it looked as if they had ran out and we were getting the last little bit that they could scrape together (and the prices aren't exactly cheap). We actually asked the waitress if we could get some more ham. She took our plates away and 5 minutes later the grumpy owner brought our plates back and threw them down in front of us without saying one word. Funnily enough there was still hardly any ham on the breakfast! We aren't greedy people but the potions we were served was just pure stingy!
We ate up (which took all of 2 minutes due to the tiny portion) and left asap. Will definitely not be returning!!

3  Thank SeshB21
Reviewed 20 May 2018

To be greeted by - " do you just want coffee as this is not a coffee shop" by the very grumpy owner. We did stay for breakfast but will never go again. The breakfast was good but unfortunately the attitude of the owner leaves a very sour taste. As soon as we finished our meal the grumpy lady grabbed our plates and cutlery. It was a shock to have them grabbed so quickly and made us feel that we had to exit ASAP. There are plenty of places to eat in Dalkey where one is greeted pleasantly.

Date of visit: May 2018