“The best eggs I have EVER had”
Review of Corner Note Cafe

Corner Note Cafe
Ranked #15 of 29 Restaurants in Dalkey
Price range: US$0 - US$39
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Corner Note Cafe is situated in the lovely heritage town of Dalkey, Co. Dublin. We aim to provide restaurant quality food in a beautiful cafe setting. For tourists and locals alike, we provide the fastest free and open wifi in Dalkey, possibly Ireland. You can take a look around the Corner Note Cafe through the virtual tour on our website.
Reviewed 16 June 2018

I always loved eggs but never thought I would once be amazed by eggs... The fried eggs my girlfriend ordered were just divine, of a texture I never experienced before. Strangely great. The coffee was also good and so was my omelette. Nice staff too. Great breakfast place!

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We've visited this place before and to be fair didn't have any complaints.. It's a nice spot to have brekky outside in the sun. We ordered the eggs and pulled ham and when it came actually couldn't believe the miniscule amount of ham on the breakfast. Literally about 2 fork fulls worth of ham, it looked as if they had ran out and we were getting the last little bit that they could scrape together (and the prices aren't exactly cheap). We actually asked the waitress if we could get some more ham. She took our plates away and 5 minutes later the grumpy owner brought our plates back and threw them down in front of us without saying one word. Funnily enough there was still hardly any ham on the breakfast! We aren't greedy people but the potions we were served was just pure stingy!
We ate up (which took all of 2 minutes due to the tiny portion) and left asap. Will definitely not be returning!!

3  Thank SeshB21
Reviewed 20 May 2018

To be greeted by - " do you just want coffee as this is not a coffee shop" by the very grumpy owner. We did stay for breakfast but will never go again. The breakfast was good but unfortunately the attitude of the owner leaves a very sour taste. As soon as we finished our meal the grumpy lady grabbed our plates and cutlery. It was a shock to have them grabbed so quickly and made us feel that we had to exit ASAP. There are plenty of places to eat in Dalkey where one is greeted pleasantly.

9  Thank joanmurphy
Reviewed 13 May 2018

Great location and able to sit outside and enjoy the weather and people watch. Menu varied and caters for everyone. Busy place and I am sure visited regularly by locals.
Service was fast and food tasty and not too badly priced.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

A friend and I went to the Corner Note last Saturday as the outdoor seating was bathed in beautiful spring sunshine. We had had a few disappointments here before but the sun won our hearts. I went inside to check that it was okay to take the last remaining table outside to be told that they were closing ( before 3pm). Then I was asked if it was for lunch and I agreed so was told we could stay. When we went to select a salad we were told that all that area of the menu was finished. Then we went for a sandwich.... no sandwiches either! So literally half the choices were not available. My friend opted as a third choice for cannelloni and I had the egg florentine. Both were fine.
I get the feeling they are doing me a favor when I go to this cafe and that I should be grateful! Why does the website say that it closes at 5pm? We were the last customers although quite a number of people were looking for a table when we were there. Not the first this has happened. Why can't customers just have a coffee if that's what they want? I reckon we will all get fed up of this little gem if attitudes don't become more business like.

1  Thank Coleen O