“all i can say is pure class at a gud price”
Review of Castleknock Hotel

Castleknock Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
Reviewed 31 January 2012

from the minute we walked in the door i kwen it was going to a pleasurable stay.check in was quick and friendly,room was gorge and comfortable,bathroom magniff,lunch and coffee in the lobby perfect.the spa treatments totally worth the money(we got 15% off)dinner which was included in our price was lovely although not much of a selection for fussy eaters,but can order off a la carte menu and pay.and my favroite part was brekky it was exceptional,so much to choose from everything u can think of,and that was included in our price as well,my only complaint was the service in the fionn usice bar was very slow i had to wait 15mins to be served and when i got served they told me they had no mint for my mojito,but will defo be stayn there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank indianaDublin
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Dear IndianaDublin,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and have passed on your comments to the management and staff. I was however disappointed to read that you experienced a couple of issues in relation to the Fionn Uisce Bar. Sincerest apologies that we did not have any Mint available for your Mojito. We have an extensive Cocktail Menu in the Fionn Uisce Bar and I assure you that this would not be the norm. I have passed your feedback on the Fionn Uisce Bar to our Food & Beverage Manager so that they can address the issues highlighted.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Castleknock Hotel & Country Club in the future

Kind Regards,
Guy Thompson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,467)

Reviewed 27 January 2012

I stayed here for 1 night break in January 2012 returning from a business meeting abroad.
The Good points ~ overall the hotel is quite impressive and the room I stayed in was large , well decorated, and the bed was comfortable . The bathroom with its separate walk in shower is a bonus for people who simply don't like the bother of having to climb out of a wet slippery bath on to a wet floor, just to have a shower.
The foyer and bar areas where spacious, well laid out and the Guinness was excellent. The staff I encountered were polite, helpful and friendly,. The swimming pool and Jacuzzi were superb and the whole fitness area was clean and very well maintained. In fact, the hotel, from top to bottom was spotlessly clean . For the price , this was comfortable 4 star quality at a very keen price
The not so good ~the bar food was ok but a tad pricey. I had a slight a hic- up with the Wi-Fi, just before I left, I tried to log on to the internet, but it would not connect. This could be a serious issue if you are dependent on it , however, I couldn’t wait around for it to be repaired. The only other down side is that the hotel is, quite literally, in the middle of nowhere. It would be hard to find your way to and from it without a satnav , even though I am fairly familiar with Dublin, having lived there for many years.
That said. I was well impressed with this hotel and as a regular traveller through Dublin airport I will be back again for sure. Well done all at the Castleknock Hotel & Country Club

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MikeMacC
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dear MikeMacC,

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review. I was delighted that you enjoyed your experience and we work very hard to provide an excellent service. I was disappointed that you didn't enjoy the bar food during your stay and I have duly taken note of this. I believe we have rectified the issue you had in relation to Wi-Fi connectivity so hopefully you won't experience a problem in the future. In relation to the location, the hotel is in a country setting near Castleknock village.However, a new road opening in March will improve accessibility to the hotel from the M50 and Dublin Airport.

Also please do speak to our reception staff who might be able to direct you to some local places of interest within walking distance of the hotel as the property is not quite as isolated as you might think at first glance. Thank you once again Mike for your feedback. I really do appreciate it as do all of our staff and managers.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

I stayed here on a saturday night. The hotel looks great. The lobby/bar area are very impressive. The room was above average. It had a bath and separate walk in shower. The room had a double bed and a cheap thin hard, uneven pull out sofa bed. We didnt use it, but for those that do, i can only imagine they'd wake with a bendy spine..... it looked cheap and bad.

Breakfast was included in the price and was goood. usual full irish buffet breakfast. I had dinner at the bar. THe chips were hard and undercooked. Other than that, it was grand. We ate our main course, but when it was done and we requested the dessert menu, we were told the kitchen was closed (??) Firstly, how hard is it to cut a slice of cheesecake, and why were we not informed during our main?? Other than this, the service was very friendly....

THere was live music and piano playing.She was not to my taste but she seemed popular. THe bar was busy for the location, I felt.

Location is in the middle of nowhere. It is just outside castleknock (Suburbia). Its a spa/golf hotel, which I didnt parttake in.....
its set on nice grounds, but is a trek to get into the local Town (or next to impossible to get into Dublin City centre).

It would make a nice weekend retreat if you were interested in Golf or just sitting around. THe food had potential, but we were let down by the staff on this occassion.

It was a nice stay but they could sort out their sofa beds and sort out their Kitchen staff....

1  Thank Marcus2000

Dear Marcus2000,

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review. I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel. I acknowledge from your review that it was not perfect and I will look in to the issues that you encountered including the sofa bed and the restaurant experience. I do take these points very seriously and am keen to improve wherever possible.

I do think there is a lot more to the area than you describe. There is the National Aquatic Centre, Blanchardstown Centre, Strawberry Beds, the Phoenix Park which includes Dublin Zoo, Ashtown Castle and Farmleigh and it is only a 15-20 minute drive from the city centre at off peak periods. However I do know that there was some recent road diversions around the Phoenix Park due to road upgrades.

I do hope that you will return to the hotel again in the near future and once again, my appreciation for your review.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Stayed here for a 1 night break in January. The hotel is fabulous, staff very friendly and food excellent. We had a 1 night package (Bed, Breakfast & Evening Meal for 160 euro). We were very impressed with the hotel in general, beautiful decor, rooms spotless clean and fabulous spa and leisure facilities. Really enjoyed the dinner, although felt that the inclusive dinner was very limited and could of had a bit more varieity. We also had the choice of ordering from ala carte menu, but the allowance was only 20 euro per person and with some of the main courses alone being 25 euro, it would of worked out very expensive. (I think the allowance should be 30 euro each on the 160 euro package). Neverthless, the food was delicious. Thought the house wine was a bit pricey at 24 euro, as it was nothing special. Was especially impressed with the Irish Cheese Board for dessert.The Breakfast menu was great and everything to choose from cereal, fruit, breads, yogurts, juices and the full Irish Breakfast. Although, i felt that some of the items in the hot plates had been left lying and were a bit dried up, and also the selection of cheeses and cold meats had seen better days!. Nonethless, really enjoyed the Castleknock Hotel and would have no hesitation in recommendng it to friends. Will definitely, be back.

Dear Jayne1973Dublin,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was delighted that you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel. I also genuinely appreciate the constructive criticism and areas for improvement that you provided. As I've stated many times before, we know that we are not perfect and we strive for improvement. We will take note of your comments and review accordingly. We have just introduced a new inclusive a la carte package based on guest feedback like your own and we are looking to implement further improvements in the coming weeks. I do hope that you will return to stay with us again in the near future. Thank you again.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

I love staying at this hotel. Everything perfect about it except cost of food, which is a bit pricey. Would recommend this hotel to everyone and I will definitely return.

Dear elaine_2027,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I have taken note of your comment about food prices although I would say that we do try to offer a range of menu options from bar food and inclusive dinner packages up to an award winning a la carte menu in the Park Restaurant. We constantly strive for improvement and we really appreciate feedback. Thanks again Elaine. I do hope you'll return to stay in the hotel in the near future.

Guy Thompson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleknock
1.5 km away
2.3 km away
Twelfth Lock Hotel
Twelfth Lock Hotel
#3 of 3 in Castleknock

Been to Castleknock Hotel? Share your experiences!