“Wonderful relaxing lunch with great company”

Wrights Anglers Rest
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Castleknock
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Award winning bar, restaurant & wedding venue in the Strawberry Beds. Live traditional music 7 nights a week.
Reviewed 13 February 2018

A wonderful afternoon relaxing, cosy atmosphere, good service made for another enjoyable experience.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
WrightB_13, Director of Sales at Wrights Anglers Rest, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Hi Mark, thank you so much for taking the time to post us a review. Im delighted to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon. I agree the Anglers Rest is a lovely cosy spot especially on a chilly day where you can cosy by one of our open log fires. Ill be sure to pass on your lovely comments to all the staff & hope we will welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards Jennie Grogan, Sales jenny@wbg.ie *** Wedding Fair Sunday 18th Feb 1-5pm ***

Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed 12 February 2018

I had a delicious meal here at the weekend with some friends and family, upon a friend's recommendation.

I echo it. I thoroughly recommend! The chicken wings were gorgeous and the staff were great - especially our server Alison.
I'll definitely be going back!

Hi Karen, thank you so much for taking the time to post such a fantastic review. Its a great compliment to see you gave the Anglers Rest a try based on recommendation & now happy to recommend us yourself, there is no higher compliment. Ill be sure to pass on your lovely comments to all the staff, especially Alison. Hope we will welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards Jennie Grogan, Sales jenny@wbg.ie *** Wedding Fair Sunday 18th Feb 1-5pm ***

Reviewed 11 February 2018

The Anglers Rest hosted our wedding reception in Dec 2017.

Having eaten in the restaurant before, we knew the food would be top notch nosh, and it didn't disappoint. The food was our first reason for considering the Anglers and that was entirely justified. In fact, it was the only place we considered.

When we met with Noeleen, she was instantly reassuring. She was composed and had all the boxes ticked before we even knew they existed. We dropped off a bag of bits the night before and trusted Noeleen to figure it out. And she did.

If you've seen photos of the Anglers Rest and thought it looks stunning, you should see it in reality. Quaint and cosy, yet open and spacious. The setting was perfect for our 50 odd guests, many of whom were under six years of age. We had the entire upper floor, leaving room for the kids to be entertained and still have space for the adults to get on with eating and chatting.

The staff on the night were brilliant, really friendly and couldn't do enough to help, even when that involved booking taxis for us at 2am! Niall the DJ kept the dance floor hopping until long after he was meant to, and I'm sure we'd still be there now if it was his choice.

We couldn't (and wouldn't want to) criticise anything. The service was impeccably attentive and genuinely friendly. The setting was convenient, romantic and with a hint of Christmas.

Thank you to Noeleen and the team!

WrightB_13, Director of Sales at Wrights Anglers Rest, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Thank you so much for your amazing review. Firstly I'm delighted we helped to make your special day so enjoyable & thrilled to have been a past customer. Its always nice when you know the venue well & choose it for such a big event, its great praise. I have to agree with you that the Anglers Rest is a stunning venue with a warmth & unique character that you wont find anywhere else. The stunning Phoenix Room is the perfect setting for a wedding or any special occasion & needs little or anything added. Its lovely to hear that the staff made your wedding day extra special, they are a massive part of what makes the Anglers Rest so successful, the team genuinely want to do whatever they can to ensure everyone leaves happy. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Noeleen & the team & I hope we welcome you back as newlyweds soon. Best wishes, Jennie Grogan, Sales jenny@wbg.ie ** Wedding Fair Sunday 18th Feb **

Reviewed 9 February 2018

With the help of TripAdvidor I stumbled upon this pub/ restaurant. I was in the area on business and walked there from the Castleknock Hotel. 40 minute walk or 5 minute drive.
I ate at the bar and was very happy to listen to two guys playing guitar; I believe there is music every night.
Seafood chowder was jam packed with fish.
I would love to visit in the summer!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Hi Alan, Thanks for your fantastic review & I love the title, very fitting. Im so glad you discovered the Anglers Rest, its a real hidden gem & hope that now you found us you will be back when your in the area. We are only 15 mins from the city & 20mins from the airport but in a beautiful setting that would make you think you are much more remote. I appreciate your comments & will pass them on to the head chef, our fish dishes are something we are famous for although have a wide selection for non fish lovers also. We have traditional Irish music 7 evenings a week & this ads to the cosy & welcoming atmosphere. Glad you enjoyed your time with us & hope to see you again soon. Regards, Jennie Grogan, Sales jenny@wbg.ie

Reviewed 7 February 2018

We had a fantastic experience having our wedding in Anglers Rest in late September 2017. From the very start Noeleen was extremely helpful and relaxed, she made us feel completely at ease booking, arranging times for tastings and deadlines.

I had read great reviews of the Anglers Rest saying the food was excellent and that was a huge deciding factor for myself and my husband. And I can safely say it lived up to its great reputation! We also loved that we could have our ceremony in the venue, as we wanted to make the day as streamlined and relaxed as possible for our guests.

We booked in for dinner before we made our decision and we had such a delicious meal, and even though we were still in Dublin, the location feels like a cozy country pub. The location right beside Phoenix Park was also a factor as we were able to pop to the park after the ceremony to get some gorgeous photos with our photographer.

The room for the reception is stunning and we added some of our personal touches to the venue/reception area (bunting, lanterns, flowers) but it needed very little additional decoration to give it the wow factor.

The ceremony room is lovely and intimate – with a real fire burning for added coziness - Noeleen even recommended our celebrant, Mary Losty, and we were absolutely delighted with her as well. We organised a piano player for the ceremony and our friend DJ’ed for the reception which was so much fun and there was lots of room for dancing as well as sitting around chatting.

My friend made our wedding cake and she needed to drop it off at the venue the morning of the wedding, and she mentioned how lovely and accommodating the people there were - she has experienced some tricky people when dropping cakes to venues so she really appreciated the friendly flexibility of Anglers Rest staff.

Same with our flowers and decorations - there were no difficulties for us getting to the venue to decorate and the staff were always very kind and helpful.

There were around 85 people for our ceremony/dinner with some additional people joining for drinks afterwards and the venue was the perfect size.

The wait and bar staff were all absolutely lovely, everyone raved about the food and the venue and the overall vibe was relaxed, intimate and joyful.

I would highly recommend Anglers Rest as a wedding venue, I wish I could experience the day all over again! Thank you so much Noeleen and all of the Angler’s Rest team for giving us such a lovely day with such wonderful memories.

1  Thank KarKarMaroo
WrightB_13, Director of Sales at Wrights Anglers Rest, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, I'm delight to hear your amazing comments & that we helped make your big day so special. The Anglers Rest is a very romantic venue & the Phoenix Room is beautiful & doesn't need much decoration. With the Phoenix Park just minutes away its a perfect backdrop for your wedding photos. Thanks again for taking the time to send us your feedback we really appreciate it & will be sure to pass it on to all the staff & management. Hope we will welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Jennie Grogan, Sales jenny@wbg.ie