“Great catch by the Liffey!”

Wrights Anglers Rest
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Castleknock
Price range: US$0 - US$38
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Award winning bar, restaurant & wedding venue in the Strawberry Beds. Live traditional music 7 nights a week.
Reviewed 9 February 2018

With the help of TripAdvidor I stumbled upon this pub/ restaurant. I was in the area on business and walked there from the Castleknock Hotel. 40 minute walk or 5 minute drive.
I ate at the bar and was very happy to listen to two guys playing guitar; I believe there is music every night.
Seafood chowder was jam packed with fish.
I would love to visit in the summer!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
WrightB_13, Director of Sales at Wrights Anglers Rest, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Hi Alan, Thanks for your fantastic review & I love the title, very fitting. Im so glad you discovered the Anglers Rest, its a real hidden gem & hope that now you found us you will be back when your in the area. We are only 15 mins from the city & 20mins from the airport but in a beautiful setting that would make you think you are much more remote. I appreciate your comments & will pass them on to the head chef, our fish dishes are something we are famous for although have a wide selection for non fish lovers also. We have traditional Irish music 7 evenings a week & this ads to the cosy & welcoming atmosphere. Glad you enjoyed your time with us & hope to see you again soon. Regards, Jennie Grogan, Sales jenny@wbg.ie

Write a ReviewReviews (1,180)

Reviewed 7 February 2018

We had a fantastic experience having our wedding in Anglers Rest in late September 2017. From the very start Noeleen was extremely helpful and relaxed, she made us feel completely at ease booking, arranging times for tastings and deadlines.

I had read great reviews of the Anglers Rest saying the food was excellent and that was a huge deciding factor for myself and my husband. And I can safely say it lived up to its great reputation! We also loved that we could have our ceremony in the venue, as we wanted to make the day as streamlined and relaxed as possible for our guests.

We booked in for dinner before we made our decision and we had such a delicious meal, and even though we were still in Dublin, the location feels like a cozy country pub. The location right beside Phoenix Park was also a factor as we were able to pop to the park after the ceremony to get some gorgeous photos with our photographer.

The room for the reception is stunning and we added some of our personal touches to the venue/reception area (bunting, lanterns, flowers) but it needed very little additional decoration to give it the wow factor.

The ceremony room is lovely and intimate – with a real fire burning for added coziness - Noeleen even recommended our celebrant, Mary Losty, and we were absolutely delighted with her as well. We organised a piano player for the ceremony and our friend DJ’ed for the reception which was so much fun and there was lots of room for dancing as well as sitting around chatting.

My friend made our wedding cake and she needed to drop it off at the venue the morning of the wedding, and she mentioned how lovely and accommodating the people there were - she has experienced some tricky people when dropping cakes to venues so she really appreciated the friendly flexibility of Anglers Rest staff.

Same with our flowers and decorations - there were no difficulties for us getting to the venue to decorate and the staff were always very kind and helpful.

There were around 85 people for our ceremony/dinner with some additional people joining for drinks afterwards and the venue was the perfect size.

The wait and bar staff were all absolutely lovely, everyone raved about the food and the venue and the overall vibe was relaxed, intimate and joyful.

I would highly recommend Anglers Rest as a wedding venue, I wish I could experience the day all over again! Thank you so much Noeleen and all of the Angler’s Rest team for giving us such a lovely day with such wonderful memories.

1  Thank KarKarMaroo
WrightB_13, Director of Sales at Wrights Anglers Rest, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, I'm delight to hear your amazing comments & that we helped make your big day so special. The Anglers Rest is a very romantic venue & the Phoenix Room is beautiful & doesn't need much decoration. With the Phoenix Park just minutes away its a perfect backdrop for your wedding photos. Thanks again for taking the time to send us your feedback we really appreciate it & will be sure to pass it on to all the staff & management. Hope we will welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Jennie Grogan, Sales jenny@wbg.ie

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Great food great staff, visit this beautiful restaurant on Saturday evening with no booking, amazed at the service, very pleasant wonderful staff, great food was served by a very pleasant girl with lovely manners and a great sense of humour, Alison was her name, she made it such a pleasurable meal that we will be going back there again.

WrightB_13, Director of Sales at Wrights Anglers Rest, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Hi, thank you for your fantastic review, its fantastic to hear that you enjoyed & I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to Alison, Hope to welcome you back again soon. Regards Jennie Grogahn

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Myself and my girlfriend decided to go for a mid week meal and having heard such great things we decided to try the anglers rest. It was busy enough however we were able to get a table no problem. Our waitress alison looked after us from start to finish and really added to our night out. The sole is a must have and the fish and chips couldnt be faulted. We are already planning our next trip so see you soon

WrightB_13, Director of Sales at Wrights Anglers Rest, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear Colm, Thank you for your fantastic review. I'm delighted you & your girlfriend decided to give us a go, the Anglers Rest is a real hidden gem but hope that your will become a regular visitor. The team really do everything they can to ensure an enjoyable time is had by all our customers, from the food, customer service & ambience. Tables can get booked up even midweek so Id recommend booking the next time as Id hate you to be disappointed. Look forward to seeing you both again soon & if there is ever anything I can do for you please just drop me an email. Kind Regards, Jennie Grogan, Sales jenny@wbg.ie

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Had a fabulous time in the Angler's Rest this afternoon for Sunday lunch with my family!!! A busy spot for sure but can't fault the food or the service. Our waitress Alison couldn't do enough to ensure we had a great time and that we did!!! Nothing was too much trouble and she is a credit to the restaurant. Will definitely be back again.

Dear Aileen, Thank you for your amazing review. I'm delighted y to hear you enjoyed the Anglers Rest so much. Its a beautiful spot to enjoy Sunday lunch with family, cosy in the winter with the open fires & equally as good on a summers day when you can enjoy a bite to eat outside. The team work really hard to ensure everyone has a great experience from the food to the ambience. Alison is a fantastic waitress, nothing is ever too much trouble & I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to her. Tables can get booked up in advance so Id recommend booking the next time as Id hate you to be disappointed. Look forward to seeing you again soon & if there is ever anything I can do for you please just drop me an email. Kind Regards, Jennie Grogan, Sales jenny@wbg.ie