My partner and I have just returned from a week-end break at Castle Murray. The setting is fabulous over-looking the sea and set in its own grounds.
We arrived in time to have a pre-dinner drink in the bar and then a fabulous three course dinner. I had the prawns and monkfish to start which were served hot in a ceramic dish with individual sections for the fish, I then had duck breast cooked to perfection and we shared a chocolate dessert cooked to order. I then finished off the night with a Castle Murray special coffee with orange liquer, fantastic!
The staff were very friendly and the service was fantastic, this is an ideal venue for a week-end break with fantastic food and lovely scenery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury family owned boutique bed & breakfast with magnificent sea views over looking the ruins of Mc Swynes Castle an the Slieve League cliffs the highest in Europe. Amazing breakfast using local sourced ingredients, homemade preserves, breads, cakes and granola. As well as our cooked breakfasts like our in-house smoked mackerel with scrambled egg or the farm to fork full Irish. Relax with a drink in our honesty bar and enjoy the sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Castle Murray House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Murray House Hotel And Restaurant
- Castle Murray House Hotel & Restaurant Dunkineely, County Donegal, Ireland