“On the way home”

Lisgrey House
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Virginia
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Excellent pub/restaurant on N3 main Dublin to Cavan road serving excellent lunches at reasonable prices and excellent evening meals. Plenty of parking also!
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Great spot that we discovered on our route to and from Dublin and Fermanagh. Good wholesome straight forward food done very well. I had a 10oz sirloin this evening that was cooked perfectly as I asked and you 'could have cut it with a spoon'. Service always friendly, helpful and fast which works well for us when stopping on our journey. Thank you.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Poor service & food from start to finish.
Ordered the chicken fajitas ...arrived in a dish of sauce..terrible..when the waitress cleaned our table she asked was there anything wrong with the fajitas I told her & she gave no reply kept her head down and walked off. From what I could see it appears to be a busy place but the staff are all talking to each other & not taking care of the customers. We left without dessert..am happy to say I will never be back.

2  Thank Flintstone2014
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

This place is one of those hidden gems in Co Cavan...if your in the area call in..if you order the filet steak...no steak knife needed..its that tendercomes with mushrooms..onions ..your choice of sauce and to finish it of you can have one of the nicest baked potatoes in town
Big plus to eating here for me is that the cater to people who are gluten intolerantThat's me..

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Food was faultless. Gorgeous..spacious table.
Only 1 toilet with a baby change.
The staff seemed to be unaware of which table they were looking after. Whilst my husband was at the toilet with 1 of our children the waitress asked if we wanted to order. We didn't until everyone was back. Same waitress came over 3 min later and asked the same. Then as soon as my husband came back she was over within 10 seconds to get an order.
I got up to go across to help one of the boys and the waitress tried to lift my dessert which was half eaten. We were asked several times by 3/4 different people if we were ok.
Sometimes tables can be under served, sometimes over served.

1  Thank Hondapetunia
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We had organised with Lisgrey previous to arriving as there would be 18 of us!
The food was amazing but slow. Understandably there was a big group of us but as we had plans to go on an activity afterwards.
The portions are huge, menu is well priced. Plus the desserts are great too!
Would recommend for smaller groups or family!

2  Thank CavanLatifah