“A breakfast experience. ”
Review of Poor Boyz

Poor Boyz
Ranked #17 of 38 Restaurants in La Follette
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Small spot, inviting enough as you walk in... You know what to expect a bit from the atmosphere.

Went with 2 others.... Got the normal eggs bacon biscuits and gravy etc.. I will have to say the sweet tea was pretty good. Eggs came out overcooked, the gravy was very thin and no flavor but did have chunks of something in it.... I think it was flour.

Our hash browns were forgotten at first and then they only brought 2 of the 3 ordered. Our 3rd came out after we had eaten and sat for a few minutes.

I am hoping it was an off day, not sure I will give it another chance

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Jeff W

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Off night perhaps??? We had a group of four. It is a small place, and there were about 3 other customers when we arrived. Our waitress was MIA, and the main cook helped us. Bless her heart though, she kept forgetting to bring us what we needed (like silverware, coffee, mayo). Luckily we were not in a hurry, but felt like we were in the twilight zone. She was very nice, just not equipped to run the entire show (cooking, serving, takeout orders, cleaning tables, etc). The food was ok. One of the dishes was suppose to be hot, but served warm at best. We did eat the banana pudding and it was excellent. We also took away a brownie which was delicious as well. I probably would not go back.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Ate here many times. Very good cheap breakfast. Gravy biscuits eggs and bacon. Yummy. Burgers are the best in town.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 29 October 2016

Was working late and someone suggested getting a burger at Poor Boyz. We has going to go there to get food for everyone. Decided this sounded good. I ordered the Hamburger and French Fries. $5 total for both, The burger was cooked how you wanted it and the fries were crispy and good. for the price you can't beat this. The menu has a good selection and I will get food from here again when in town.

Date of visit: October 2016