All reviews laminate floors waffles room was clean stayed nights budget hotel off the highway per night mini fridge would stay here again ice machine fitness center waffle maker biscuits and gravy convenient location free breakfast cereal ut
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for about 4 nights and then stayed with our son in downtown Knox then back to this hotel again for 3 nights. We love the place and the staff (especially Julie & Cheryl). However, there was confusion about our billing. I think because we would add nights one at a time not knowing until then whether we’d stay. We were helping our son with a building project that took a little longer than we anticipated. So, instead of billing night per night they would credit or stop the billing for a night that was pending and bill it all at once at the end of our stay so there was a lot of back and forth on our account. It made it difficult to keep track of our funds. The last day (we were checking out), my husband was told everything had been billed then 3-4 days later, a charge for $300 was pending which overdrew our account. Because it was so mixed up, we planned to review it when we got home. Instead we were stuck in our car overnight until our pay check came in. It would have been nice had the billing been done at checkout correctly so we knew where we were at time of check out because we would have just stayed at our son’s for a couple days instead of heading out so we knew we had gas money and hotel money for the trip home to Oregon. Not entirely their fault but the timing was strange. And, luckily we had the paycheck coming in soon.

Overall, a nice place, nice people, very accommodating and a great place for our dog, Sami.

Would stay again but would keep a closer eye on our account.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2018

The owner of this particular property definitely stays on top of things. Such a great place to stay with a great staff , with clean affordable rooms with a hassle free check in . Seemed to be had recently been remodeled the outside looked just as great as in the inside conveniently located off papermill rd I 40

Room tip: Choose any room they are all wonderful
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

I just had the best experience with this hotel, it has been a very stressful and hectic move for myself and during a rather rough period. The staff and management were nothing short of excellent. They have given me a lot of info about the surrounding areas and have treated me like family while feeling displaced and out of my element. I truly just wanted to publicly thank each and every one of the staff members that personally dealt with any issue or problem that arose and their management who also did everything to accommodate me through this time in my life. I can’t say how much I truly appreciate it and highly recommend the tidy rooms, that were very clean, comfortable, and they even welcomed my little JACK, mini Pomeranian, without hassle or deposit. Hot southern and fresh breakfast from a great and friendly cook! Y’all are definitely killing it at this location. And extra thanks to JEREMY and LARRY, who have made sure to go above and beyond for me with every concern and/or request I have made. Y’all have made me feel at HOME already here in TENNESSEE;)

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Cierra J
Tish T, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Knoxville Central - Papermill Road, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write a positive review of our hotel! We truly appreciate your feedback. I am pleased to read that your stay was enjoyable with us! It was a pleasure to have you as our guests. We hope to see you again soon during your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

Just looking for an overnight stay, but this was a nice property. Bright lobby and hallways, room was clean and comfortable. Wood floors were a nice touch. Clerk was friendly and helpful. Advertised a business center, but the “fitness center” was just a room with a treadmill and cycle. Room probably would offer a comfortable workspace. Convenient location off I-40.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Tish T, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Knoxville Central - Papermill Road, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel due the location. We travel to Knoxville from Florida to go to the cancer center. This location is about 5-10 minutes away depending on traffic. There are several locations near by to shop and eat. It’s right of the interstate but the location of the hotel it is very quiet. They are in the process of remodeling and updating but it is very clean and the staff has been very friendly. My husband will be starting chemo in the next few weeks and we would stay here again. It’s also priced very reasonable for the location.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple