“Decent room decent price”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #74 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

The room was decent. The price was decent. Booked last minute while traveling from VA to CA. I only needed a place to sleep, didn't need the breakfast. I really wanted Waffle house, which was across the street. It is a pet friendly hotel with one of the cheapest pet fee. Right off the freeway and you could hear it.
If I was driving through again, I would stay but I probably would not pick it as a destination.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 July 2016

If you come by this place, keep on driving. I checked in and went out for supper. When I came back, hotel staff had been in my room and the front desk had no idea who or why they were in there. The next morning...even though I had complained the night before...the same thing happened. Hotel staff were in my room again! Very seedy....and no reasons offered by management. Needless to say, I cut my stay with this establishment short, and left right away. Keep on driving by this place - there are several other good hotels close by.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2016

We had checked a number of hotels and everything was full so we were happy to find a hotel with a vacancy at a reasonable cost. This is an older hotel and somewhat run down but was sufficient for our needs, to sleep. The check-in clerk was very nice and the noise from I-40 was drowned out by the air conditioner.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely disgusting. There isn't a single piece of floor without a stain on it. There are holes in the wall. You can see outside in the cracks around the door which caused the temperature in the room to stay hot all night. We bought a non-smoking room that smelled so badly like stale smoke. The pool is out of order and from what I have now read has been for years. The icing on the cake was the cockroaches in the room. It made my skin crawl. Absolutely disgusting. DO NOT STAY HERE! I expect more from a hotel that charges more than fifty dollars for a room.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2016

Stayed 1 night. booked thru expedia on debit card. At check in I asked if they could charge my Amex instead of debit. They said they did. Well, both cards were charged for 1 nt stay. I contacted manager who said he would look into it and get back to me, never did. Called again, he said he thought he took care of it and would get back to me, never did. Called corporate, and waited on hold forever so took their option to email them. I emailed them 3 times and STILL have not had anyone contact me. I called the manager at the hotel again and he said he couldn't help me because he only charged my Amex and I would have to dispute with Expedia. I explained I was charged twice for staying at his hotel, and he had better resolve this. Finally I called corporate again and waited for over a half hour to speak to someone. She said she would help. She called the manager, and called Expedia and let me know that Expedia charged my card right away and that my Amex shouldn't have been charged and that manager would refund my money. That was over a week ago, and I still do not have a refund...still have paid twice for 1 night stay. Nothing else was ever offered for this inconvenience and poor service. Now i am forced to dispute through American Express because obviously this business is not taking care of it...very upset!!!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family