“"A Rare Time Trip Back to My Teens"”
Review of Original Freezo

Original Freezo
Ranked #435 of 1,242 Restaurants in Knoxville
Reviewed 4 March 2017

The Original Freezo is, for me, a trip bacdk in time. As a teen, I worked in a Mom & Pop type place as this. One of the best jobs I ever had as a teen. Hamburgers, Hotdogs, ice cream cones, Sundays, Shakes, Malts, Floats and the such, ya can't go wrong with a quick lunch at the Original Freezo. I have had their burgers, hotdogs and even a creamy milk shake from these folks. It isn't 5 star dining but it is tasty food! Good service and food for the price!

Reviewed 2 March 2017

I worked at Freezo back in the 60's and was on Central so my husband and I thought oh let's get a corndog and sit in car and reminisce when we were young and we came here all the time. We ordered two corn dogs ( was afraid to order the footlong hot dogs because I just knew they could not replicate those), fries, and cokes. OMG absolutely NOT like the good ole days. The boy that fixed it just barely dropped the fries in the grease long enough to get them greasy and limp, corn dog was as greasy as anything could be and tasted of old grease, hotdog in center was so pale like it was cadaver meat. Woman that worked there came out of back with her child in tow and got in her car as she was waiting for child to get in I saw how dirty and disgusting her clothes were and she had been in there handling food. I should have known something was wrong when we pulled in and not one customer was there at 11:30 am which is start of lunch hr. I remember the Freezo so much better than this and it was a hectic busy little place back in the day but I guess people that don't care can ruin anything. So much for a good memory will NEVER return again!!

Reviewed 30 December 2016

This is an original "fast food" joint. You can get all your favorite deep fried goodies served along side your favorite ice cream treat. If you are in the mood for a burger, fries and a milkshake, this is the place. They have a rather extensive menu featuring tons of different ice cream based desserts: shakes, malts, sundaes, "brain freezes", floats they have a little bit of everything. Definitely a fun place if you want to treat the kids, or yourself.

Reviewed 4 November 2014

You will have to travel a little out of the way, and it might appear that you are entering an unsafe zone, but all in all it is worth the drive. We don't eat this much, but once in a while we travel there just for the Chocolate/Vanilla Swirl Freezo...if you haven't tried it, you must !!!! Remember cash only !!!

1  Thank Jeffrey C
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I was there last week and had some onion rings, the week before a soft serve ice cream, a couple of weeks earlier, a burger. I can't remember ever being dissatisfied with anything I ordered. Clean, hot, affordable food and the girls working there are friendly.Get your order and go out back to the picnic tables in the shade. It's been around along time, there used to be one in Halls...anyone else remember it?

3  Thank troutbum777