“Late dinner”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

It's 9pm. So of course with a time shift, I'm all screwed up I don't know what time to eat dinner, all's I know is I'm hungry! I'm walking down through the historic square and I keep smelling barbecue. So I look it up and find Calhoun's On the River. It's a walk from the hotel but my fat butt really needs it so off I go.
When I get there on the porch is a cool little band playing however I wanted some decent AC so I stepped inside. Immediately greeted by Hannah in the bar I chose to eat there so I can watch some ball. Two things on the menu jumped out at me the sirloin steak at first however when I got to the Hickory smoked prime rib that's all I needed to know. I kept it real no potatoes Caesar salad and a zucchini yellow squash medley that was really good. I tossed Robert Mondavi cab which was perfect with the hickory smoked prime rib. Definitely worth the walk from the hotel. Thanks to Hannah for the nod on the prime rib! I literally was the last customer in the place and they didn't rush me out.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,804)

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Went here for the 4th of July fireworks so we would be right on the river. The dinner was excellent and more than we could eat. Friend green tomatoes were as good as you get for an appetizer. I had BBQ pork along with ribs and chicken and took home enough for another meal. We all ordered different entries and everyone was pleased with their food. Service was great and all we had to do was step outside for the fireworks show. Great experience. Great place to eat and stay cool on the 4th.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came to Knoxville for his birthday. My husband had a trio of ribs, chicken tenders, and ribs. The ribs were probably the best I have ever had. I got the sirloin with Worcestershire butter. I've had it at another restaurant owned by the same company. It was so good I wished I had the marinade recipe to make it at home. It honestly couldn't have been any better

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We were seated outside which is where we wanted to be. We were told to sit anywhere. The service was very slow, I know it's the south, but table was not cleared off from prior diners. Never. Meat was not hot although pork was tender. We won't go back.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

was nice and lovely outside views. not impressed with the food buffet.. some food was cold, setting in warmers. they ran out of some deserts. Spendy for what was served. friendly staff, Pleasant enough , would not recommend for big group settings , they market it better than it is actually , downtown has several places to eat and cafe"s with music venues .sake to walk around and see the old town and the modern town side.