“The Complete Package: Food, Service, Ambiance”
Review of Lakeside Tavern

Lakeside Tavern
Ranked #16 of 1,304 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Sleek, stone & steel decor set upon Fort Loudon lake. Gorgeous water views along with the most beautiful East Tennessee sunsets. A long menu of surf 'n' turf & a buzzing happy hour. Lakeside Tavern is one of Knoxville's hidden treasures.
Reviewed 3 July 2017

I have written several reviews of Lakeside Tavern, but I feel compelled to add yet another rave review. In thinking about restaurants, I believe that if you can go out to dine and never worry about the food being delicious, the service attentive, professional and friendly and the ambiance serene and lovely, then you cannot help but repeat this experience again and again. So it is with Lakeside Tavern. It could also be my favorite addiction: THE BREAD. Once you have had Lakeside's completely scrumptious bread, all other restaurants suffer with their bread or rolls. I have been known to purchase loaves of this to serve at home (they have an excellent take-out service as well). While I have gone through possibly everything on the menu (several times - salmon, black & blue salad, fish and chips, filet mignon with cheddar potatoes, every appetizer, etc :), I decided to have one of their burgers with fries this last time. It was my birthday and I wanted to be 5 again. :)) The fries are ALWAYS delicious, but I was not prepared for the burger. It was perfection on a plate. And it did not hurt to follow all of that with Lakeside's fantastic Creme Brûlée. For those not acquainted with this restaurant, you can sit outside on the covered terrace or inside with booths or sit in their new addition with windows all around to take in the views. The views are very pleasant, but I often am spending so much time staring at my plate of delicious food that I am unaware of the outside. And I LOVE the staff here! The hostesses are charming, fun, friendly and always go out of their way to make every person feel special. The wait staff is professional and helpful - they do a great job at making sure you have a very positive experience.

3  Thank bookninja

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Lakeside Tavern is in a beautiful location overlooking the river. I had the Pecan chicken salad. It was good but no wow factor. The chicken was bland. I thought it would have some flavor to it. My friend was going to order the crab cakes and requested a change on the side but the up charge was going to be 6.99 that was a little steep to swap out a potato for pasta. She had the black and bleu salad. The steak was cooked to order and had great flavor. The bread never disappoints.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Every time I come to Knoxville I find a way to go to the Lakeside Tavern once. The location is unbelievable. When sitting outside you have a very view of the lake and houses on the other side.
The food is good and well served. Beer selection, even though small, has enough for every taste. I definitely will go back.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

We were part of a large party (25) but arrived about an hour late due to traffic issues (coming from another state). The wait staff accomodated our lateness to the party with ease. We were on the outside patio overlooking the water with a light breeze. If it was earlier than 7 or 8 PM without a breeze, it might not have been enjoyable, but the patio was a perfect option that night. We were served right away. My one son had the Rosemary Pork Tenderloin which he could cut with a fork and was very flavorful. The veggies that accompied it were also flavorfull and not run of the mill veggies. My other son and I both had the Scallop Pomodori. My son said his scallops were fine, but mine were just a touch rubbery. Overall, though the meal was very good. A great place for an awesome meal, casual but enjoyable atmosphere.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

The food was great and the service was better. We had a large group of kids and adults and things couldn't have been more perfect! If you go ask for Crystal (sp?), she's AWESOME