“Not the best option on Market Square”

Myrtle's Chicken + Beer
Reserve with OpenTable
Myrtle's Chicken + Beer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #160 of 1,260 Restaurants in Knoxville
Price range: US$10 - US$17
Description: We feature delicious fried chicken dishes from the highest quality poultry available. Expect innovative items such as Myrtle’s Original Fried Chicken Sandwich with General Neyland's Hot Honey Aioli and Crunchy Pickled Fresno Chile & Lime Slaw. Our brunch menu showcases Southern favorites such as Chicken & Waffles. At the bar we offer local craft beers, classic cocktails, and barrel aged spirits
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Nothing to really make this a stand out restaurant on Market Square. I had the chicken tender meal with cole slaw and baked beans. Unfortunately, the beans are canned (although they are augmented with Bentons bacon which is nice) and the cole slaw was very bland and just okay. The chicken was good but honestly not any better than Zaxbys. I was looking forward to the candied bacon sauce, but sadly it tasted like pan drippings mixed with maple syrup, it was better after we mixed it and scooped the bacon from the bottom, maybe if it was served warm?? If I was choosing the restaurant I wouldn't choose to go back.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Great food and good service the best so far on this visit to the States. The beans and slaw are good. Highly recommend

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Great new restaurant. The cheddar drop biscuits are a phenomenal appetizer. The honey chicken sandwich was fresh and cooked perfectly. The sweet potato waffle fries were a treat. The service and atmosphere was exceptional. Highly recommend and will return.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We were able to make a reservation online with OpenTable! Very easy to use. When my guest and I arrived we were promptly seated! Excellent selection of craft beers, and they also have Miller High Life! Service was spot on! The Frank and Maples sandwich was delicious! I had the bone in fried chicken; it was delicious. We will be back, and I would recommend this place to all of my friends! Keep up the great work!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Our visit was on a lunch break. There were 4 of us. We sat at the bar ordered our food and had a excessively long wait for our food. When it finally came it was cold. I had the chicken tenders, which probably would have been good had they been hot. The candied bacon sauce tasted like bacon fat with maple syrup. The mac and cheese was cold and lacking in cheese. The cheddar drop biscuit was the best thing about the meal. One friend had the chicken sandwich - also cold and dry. The next friend had to be back to work, so she had to box hers up and leave as soon as it was ready. The last diner in our party had the tomato pie as her side and said it was like eating a big spoonful of mayo. We will not be back.

Been to Myrtle's Chicken + Beer? Share your experiences!