“Mysterious Radio's Favorite Restaurant”
Review of Cafe 4

Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Union Avenue
Description: Cafe 4 entered the downtown scene almost a decade ago, truly becoming a pioneer in Knoxville's substantial urban revitalization. Unbelievable to those who have only seen Market Square in its enlivened state, downtown Knoxville was anything but desirable at the time of Cafe 4's founding. The restaurant was birthed from a desire to bring light to a dark place, and the transformation that has taken place since has been truly remarkable. The front doors open up to the restaurant and a cozy mezzanine bar that is frequented by coffee drinkers, cocktail lovers, conversationalists, and passers by. The back of the building is home of The Square Room, an elegant space used for concerts and events. Swing buy for a cupcake, a cup of locally roasted coffee, or have a seat at the cafe. You're sure to be greeted with southern hospitality and urban taste.
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We love to go sit outside on beautiful days and just people watch while enjoying their amazing food. You can't possibly leave without eating cake that will take you to the moon!

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

The menu has some basics and more interesting items. I've eaten here several times and every thing I or my guests have ordered was always delicious. Good quality is great. Wait staff is very friendly and attentive. Atmosphere is good. Prices were reasonable. You can eat indoors or outside.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Just finished brunch, waiter was patient and made some recommendations to us a d we got the Lobster flat bread and the pulled pork quesadillas, very tasty and not overfilling, and you do not feel rushed like some restaurants do. Bon Appetit

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

The menu here has a variety of dishes from salads to sandwiches to full-plate meals. I had the Tomato Duet, which was fried-green tomato, pimento cheese, and bacon. So good. Two days later I had the salmon with Brussels sprouts and carrots. The crispy sprouts were especially delicious. I’m impressed with the service and love for outdoor seating on Market Square. I will come back here when I’m in town.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

This cafe has outside seating so we tried it for lunch. The drink menu is comprehensive and I was intrigued by the punch bowls. I would have loved to see someone order the 48 serving! We tried the pimento dip which was a bit runny. I had the chicken tortilla soup. I thought it lacked taste but my husband liked it. However, his shrimp and grits was the bomb! The grits were creamy the sausage tasty and the sauce divine. The service was very attentive.